unknown pin?

007tallguy

Elite Member
i dug this little pin this morning.
across the bottom it reads:
"E Mari Merces" which translates to "wealth from the sea", but other than that and the same image being on the gate at the public gardens in Halifax, i haven't been able to find anything else about it.
is anyone familiar with this one, it's origins and/or background?

thanks in advance,

Pete :)

Attachments

• IMAG1857.jpg
    IMAG1857.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMAG1858.jpg
    IMAG1858.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 290
  • mari.jpg
    mari.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 281
ok, cool! thanks! :waytogo:
and to think i've lived near Halifax county for almost all of my life and worked in Hali for the past 14 years and that doesn't look familiar to me at all, lol. :blush:

LOL gives new meaning to can't see the forest through the trees , we all have those moments

Very cool. What you have is a Halifax military/service badge (probably WW2 era) enameled and made into a Sweetheart brooch/pin.

A soak in lemon juice (15-20 minutes maybe) with some brushing should clean it up better, but not affect the enamel other than to increase it a little where it's covered by crud.

Very cool. What you have is a Halifax military/service badge (probably WW2 era) enameled and made into a Sweetheart brooch/pin.

A soak in lemon juice (15-20 minutes maybe) with some brushing should clean it up better, but not affect the enamel other than to increase it a little where it's covered by crud.

thank you for the info and the cleaning tip! :yes:

thank you for the info and the cleaning tip! :yes:

If it cleans up well it's probably a $25-$50 find. There's definitely a market for these.

Would also be interesting if you can match the location you dug it to the person who served... and if so, you very well might be able to figure out who he created it for.

Back
Top Bottom