Finally got out and into the 1800s!

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
Haven't been getting out much with more work than we can do, and the new project truck. The rain saved us from painting outside so me and Ryan, my helper and new detectorist who has been melding well with his new Ace 250, headed out to knock a door or two between the rains.

Drove around waiting for "the one" to speak to me. Nice to have a second pair of eyes to look for good houses/keep me from sideswiping parked cars! :laughing:

Finally saw one with the front door open and a not-so-pristine yard. Spoke to me. We turned around.

Guy was super nice. Said go for it and I ended up arming him with the Compadre and the spare carrot. Scored himself a clad dime and was super happy.

Didn't scare up any clad dimes(?) or wheats. Got to play one of my favorite guessing games, "Barber or seated" when I saw the "ONE DIME"! Not seated, but finally a silver in the 1800s this year. 1897 Barber! :D Got on a mower chow Merc, 1926.

No mint marks on either. Ryan got on a war Nick. '45D, his first! Got over "One Hundred Thousand Dollars" and freaked the homeowner out! :laughing: Mystery aluminum tube with an either ash or decomposed mystery black powder. Tasted weird too...

The guy needed to leave right when the water started falling from the sky again. Beautiful hour of hunting!

Thanks for looking and HH! :aok:

Attachments

• haul.jpg
    haul.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 270
  • mercbarberfront.jpg
    mercbarberfront.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 251
  • mercbarberback.jpg
    mercbarberback.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 221
  • hundredthoufront.jpg
    hundredthoufront.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 231
  • tubecontents.jpg
    tubecontents.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 223
I never argue with silver coins. Even if they get kissed by lawn-mowers :laughing:

Congrats on the 1800's Barber and the mower kissed Merc. Glad to see a post from you, Sounds like you have been very busy. Remember the saying "all work and no play". Hope you can get out and dig more success. Trapper

Nice job! Excellent finds!

Thanks! It was a nice little hunt.

I never argue with silver coins. Even if they get kissed by lawn-mowers :laughing:

Good policy Tom. Hey, the mower kissers are beautiful in their own way...:D

Congrats on the 1800's Barber and the mower kissed Merc. Glad to see a post from you, Sounds like you have been very busy. Remember the saying "all work and no play". Hope you can get out and dig more success. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. I work myself to the point of exhaustion so often it was really nice to get in a quick easy hunt with soft soil and go home to rest and admire the liberated shiny!

Back
Top Bottom