Stamped Large Cent...

Hi Steve. No... That's not "really" what it stands for. I jus' kinda been known to make up little tag lines like that with the letters. :lol:
Actually, I'm watchin' (well, listening to) the movie that I got it from, as I type this.
"Krom" was the god that (as a boy) his father told him about at the beginning of the movie (featuring our very own, governor of California, th' Swartzman himself) "Conan: The Barbarian".
"Krom dwells underground", his father told him (like the coinage we... ummmm... "worship")! :lol:

I saw that movie a loooooong time ago and just now vaguely remember that part. I still like the acronym. :yes:

I've watched that movie about 100 times. One of my all time favorites. I use to be able to recite the entire movie without even watching it :lol: It's all about the riddle of coins Krom :P

Whoa, I would have been dancin' the jig with anyone who was near me!  NICE find!!!

Well, you did better than me on that one...  I thought for sure I had a holed coin today but it turned out to be some kind of key tag.  Oh well...
346725342%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E%3A79%3E999%3EWSNRCG%3D3233627%3B54%3A6%3Bnu0mrj
  :shock:

Yeah, I remember dat, Terry! His accent, I guess, huh?  :lol:

Joe G... you sure that's all that is, is a key tag? That's awfully fancy.

Krom said:
Yeah, I remember dat, Terry! His accent, I guess, huh?  :lol:

Joe G... you sure that's all that is, is a key tag? That's awfully fancy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that all there is... no other markings that I can see. You can understand my excitement when I first dug it up because it was really dirty and all I could make out were the markings around the outer edge. I kept imagining they were stars :roll: The good this is that it looks old and it was deep. The area I found it surrounds an old 1827 Quaker meeting house. I just have this feeling that there's some old coins in there somewhere amongst the trash. I'm looking to pick up an x-12 for better depth.

Is that all there is is the deep-set "2"?
Looks like I can see nother 2 and a 5, and maybe a small s.

Krom said:
Is that all there is is the deep-set "2"?
Looks like I can see nother 2 and a 5, and maybe a small s.

I see what you mean but I think it's just the picture. I checked it under a magnifying glass and a loop... nothing there

The five could have been painted on and the paint is now long gone, but it affected the metal underneath. I've seen this before. Alcohol may bring it out better - not the drinking kind :lol:

Back
Top Bottom