186 Coins...Wheats, Silvers, Sterling, And MEGA Clad

diggin4clad

Elite Member
With the hunt season about to come to an end here, I made the most of the time left to get in four hunts this past week. I spent an hour after work on Wednesday at the local middle school, three hours on Thanksgiving morning at a pair of soccer fields, Sue and I for nearly three hours on Friday at a soccer field, and me at an old football field for two hours on Saturday after work. Totals for the hunts are...…..184 clads worth $34.37...…..22 pennies, 4 nickels, 47 dimes, 109 quarters, and two Dollar Coins which Sue found in the same hole. Three of the pennies were Wheats, 1949, 1951, and 1958. I dug two Silver Roosevelt dimes....1957 and 1964 plus a small bent sterling silver ring. We also dug some of the usual oddball pieces.....including a toy car, and a Cub scout neckerchief slide.

Attachments

• IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Thats alot of digging with some silver added in sounds like another great hunt for you and your better half . 👍

Congrats once again on some great coin stabbing for both you and Sue. I haven't hunted lately due to the weather and having more foot issues from my torn tendon. I notice your quarters look a lot like mine so our soils must be similar. Enjoy the holidays and stay warm.

Nice haul, congrats on the shiney, wheats and a boatload of clad. Can't wait to see you and the Mrs. total. Me I will be happy to hit 200 fty, I know just a drop in the bucket to you megacladders. Good luck Mark

Some very impressive outings Ed, very impressive indeed. Not only a great clad haul but adding the Silver Rosie's and a Sterling Ring to the coffers. I cashed in my clad yesterday along with my pocket change and placed a order for my Gold reward. Will show it off when it arrives. Trapper

Excellent finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.....

Thats alot of digging with some silver added in sounds like another great hunt for you and your better half . 👍
Thanks Yooper, it was nice getting a couple of silvers along with the clad.

Congrats once again on some great coin stabbing for both you and Sue. I haven't hunted lately due to the weather and having more foot issues from my torn tendon. I notice your quarters look a lot like mine so our soils must be similar. Enjoy the holidays and stay warm.
Thanks Ron...….the ground is starting to freeze here and we're under about 6 inches of snow so the season is probably over. Good luck with your tendon issues...…..

Nice haul, congrats on the shiney, wheats and a boatload of clad. Can't wait to see you and the Mrs. total. Me I will be happy to hit 200 fty, I know just a drop in the bucket to you megacladders. Good luck Mark
Thanks Mark...….We've had a decent year and already looking forward to next year. I wouldn't call 200 a drop in the bucket though.... Even clad is getting harder to find.

Some very impressive outings Ed, very impressive indeed. Not only a great clad haul but adding the Silver Rosie's and a Sterling Ring to the coffers. I cashed in my clad yesterday along with my pocket change and placed a order for my Gold reward. Will show it off when it arrives. Trapper
Thanks Trapper......We'll be cashing our clad this week. I'll be getting some silver or gold at this weekend's coin show. Sue will use her finds for Xmas shopping. The site that gave up the silver dimes will be where we start next year because we had just started hunting that site and there's a lot of ground left to cover.

Wow nice haul there Ed! We got probably 15-16" of white death over the last 48 hours :roll: good luck if you get out this week!
Thanks Jeff....Calling the snow "White Death" is a good way to put it. We only got around 5-6 inches here but even that is too much this early in the year. Hopefully it'll be gone by this weekend. Been hunting inland sites but may have to go to the Connecticut shoreline area to have a chance at detecting....less snow and somewhat warmer temps.

Back
Top Bottom