ENDED Guess My Next Silver Coin!

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
Several other forum members have been kind enough to create some pretty generous contests, and I've certainly had a lot of fun participating in many of them - I even won a pretty cool prize in one of those contests a while back! So I thought it would be fun to give back a little, and create a contest of my own :cool3:

Your objective is to guess the variety of the next silver coin I find while metal detecting. Sounds easy, right? Well, the devil is in the details! Here are the rest of the rules:

• Each entry must include a specific type of coin, country of origin, and mint date
  • For tie-breaking purposes, each entry must also include a mint mark (an entry with just the date is assumed to be a "no mint mark" coin)
  • Only one entry allowed per forum member
  • For obvious reasons, once a forum member selects a coin / date / mint mark combination, no other forum member can select the exact same combination. If a forum member posts a duplicate entry, that member can make a new entry using a separate post. DO NOT EDIT ANY ENTRIES!
  • Any edited posts/entries will be disqualified!
  • The contest clock begins once at least 10 entries are posted (if I happen to find a silver coin prior to 10 posted entries, that coin won't count for the contest)
  • Edit: Entries can be made until I post that I've found a silver coin, which I'll do immediately from the field when the find is made (or as soon as I have cell service ;))
  • Sorry, contest is only open to US and Canadian shipping addresses

For an example, 1918S US Mercury Dime is a different entry than 1918 US Mercury Dime. As a point of note, I'm not exactly a prolific silver coin finder! I'm at only 17 for the year so far, so who knows how long this contest will go for!

Determining the winner:

The winning entry must include the correct coin type and nation of origin of the next silver coin I dig, and be closest to the actual mint date without going over! In case of a tie on date, mint mark will be used as a tiebreaker. If neither entry has the correct mint mark, the earliest posted entry will be the winner.

If the first silver coin I dig doesn't produce a winner, the contest will reset and restart, using a fresh set of entries (all previous entries will be void).

Prize:

The winner will receive a very lightly used Predator Model 85 Hand Digger. I purchased the digger in June and only used it on two or three hunts - hence the paint wear on the blade. Otherwise the digger is in great shape and ready to use! Sorry, no sheath included. When the contest ends, I'll notify the winner by PM to get a shipping address.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_120520944_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20191003_120520944_HDR~2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,654
Last edited:
Thanks for the contest. My guess.....1943 US Mercury Dime.
Thanks again.

Just made a small clarification on the rules in the original post...entries are welcome until I post in the thread that I've found silver, which I'll do immediately from the field, or as soon as I get cell service!

Jeez this is a tough one, didnt you just find a barber on the surface a few weeks back? :laughing: I'm going with a 1914 barber dime minted in Philadelphia! Thanks for the contest! :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom