Counterbalance for the equinox

Dan B.

Elite Member
I made a counterbalance for my Equinox out of some PVC pipe. It holds 6/ 1 oz egg sinkers. I have a small bolt with a wing nut to attach it to the handle with the whole provided for the arm cuff. And then I spray painted it black so it look nicer than white PVC. It is not as good is a carbon fiber shaft with a counterweight but it will do for now.

Attachments

• 20210801_174341.jpg
    20210801_174341.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 472
  • 20210801_174028.jpg
    20210801_174028.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 460
Holy mackerel dude that is a bit extreme isn't it what I did was I bought the rear arm cafe the whole arm cafe from the Xterra 705 which is made of Steel that way I don't have to use the velcro strap. and balances perfect

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Holy mackerel dude that is a bit extreme isn't it what I did was I bought the rear arm cafe the whole arm cafe from the Xterra 705 which is made of Steel that way I don't have to use the velcro strap. and balances perfect

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I have heard that the metal arm cuffs do a good job. May purchase one in the future. The wife has been off work for 3 months so I worked with what I had. The portion which hangs out the back of the detector and the weight of it is pretty close to the specs for the one on the carbon fiber shaft. Thanks again for mentioning the metal arm cuff I will have to look into that.

I have heard that the metal arm cuffs do a good job. May purchase one in the future. The wife has been off work for 3 months so I worked with what I had. The portion which hangs out the back of the detector and the weight of it is pretty close to the specs for the one on the carbon fiber shaft. Thanks again for mentioning the metal arm cuff I will have to look into that.

I was VERY shicked how god it is, so good infact i don#t even use my velcro strap anymore.

I think I paid about £16.00 on ebay.

Matt

What does anyone NEED anything more that the factory setup? It's light to begin with. Maybe I'm unique, but weight and balance on a machine like the NOX was very good from Day1. I am a healthy 69yr old man, not athlete. What's all this balance gear needed for?

What does anyone NEED anything more that the factory setup? It's light to begin with. Maybe I'm unique, but weight and balance on a machine like the NOX was very good from Day1. I am a healthy 69yr old man, not athlete. What's all this balance gear needed for?

3 years ago when I purchased the nox it seemed to be perfectly fine. Since then I have injured my right shoulder and elbow and adding a little counterweight changing a balance seems to help somewhat with my condition. HH&GL

It's strange how adding weight to something can make it feel lighter. I had a High Standard semi-auto (I wish i still had it) shotgun that was muzzle heavy to the point I didn't liike using it. i took an old solid brass shotgun shell and poured it full of hot lead. (I also did reloading and cast my own bullets.) I removed the butt plate an put that shell in the hole where the bolt held the butt stock on. That extraa weight changed the balance to where it felt lighter and it became one of my favorite shotguns. You would be surprised what a little experimenting can do.

I made one for my equinox 800 from a scrapped section of muzzleloader barrel and a small piece of air rifle barrel.. it now feels almost weightless when swinging it.

I have one of steve's counterweights, they work like magic.

I don't have the man muscles to swing the detector all day without gear, so counterweight is a must.

Josh

I have a Steve's counterweight and it balances a 15" coil at the pod. The pod just sits in my fingers and I don't even have to use my thumb for gripping it.

Back
Top Bottom