Prohibition and Pre

Dantheman

From a local nature park. The AMS Company one was from prohibition. I loved looking that one up. I also found in the same park some broken beer bottles from pre prohibition. I was pretty excited looking these up as well from a local Baltimore standpoint. I hope to go back and see if I can find any unbroken ones.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That 2nd one - Ouch! We call it a "crier".

Yes I sure would go back to look for more. That's getting some age there.

I hope to keep going back and collect what I can. The park itself has been expanded in a few areas finally last year. I found some of the bottles and other items were laid against trees and think they are trying to clean the woods and may get rid of anything they find. Oddly enough, the older items are closer to the roads. It looked like they burnt much of the items they tossed back in the woods as I found a few piles of melted plastics mixed with rocks and gravel.

The beer bottles have been the oldest found so far. One site said the brewery was open from 1899 until 1919.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_871504

I hope to keep going back and collect what I can. The park itself has been expanded in a few areas finally last year. I found some of the bottles and other items were laid against trees and think they are trying to clean the woods and may get rid of anything they find. Oddly enough, the older items are closer to the roads. It looked like they burnt much of the items they tossed back in the woods as I found a few piles of melted plastics mixed with rocks and gravel.

The beer bottles have been the oldest found so far. One site said the brewery was open from 1899 until 1919.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_871504

I always check along the sides of old roads especially the old dirt roads. People often stopped and dumped trash along them even back then. Especially where there are slopes going down from the road levels.

I always check along the sides of old roads especially the old dirt roads. People often stopped and dumped trash along them even back then. Especially where there are slopes going down from the road levels.

That makes sense. I found some pieces that are from 1918-1923 on a hill that is now a trail but used to be a rail line. I can just picture someone riding the train and throwing the empty bottle of ketchup right on off.

Back
Top Bottom