Fisher F44 or Garrett ACE 400

Chris Crawford

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a detector for my sons to use, and I've narrowed it down to the Fisher F44 and the Garrett ACE 400. I've been reading as much as I can on these two models, and I can see the pros and cons of each unit. So here's where I'm stuck...

The ACE 400 operates at a 10 kHz adjustable frequency while the F44 operates at a fixed 7.8.

The F44 has an adjustable ground balance while the ACE 400 is fixed.

The ACE 400 has a double D coil while the F44 has an elliptical concentric coil.

The F44 has a somewhat water resistant display while the ACE 400 does not.

Given these differences, can someone offer some advice as to which unit might be better for all around detecting? We will be detecting mostly on old home places, fields, parks, and schools.

I would especially be interested in hearing from someone who may have tried out both of these units.

Thanks! -Chris

Choose the F44 , it is far superior to the ace 400 and it also has ground balance.

I really like my F44 (it is my backup to my MX Sport). I bought a Double D coil for it and it is pretty sharp. The F44 does well with targets in the 4" range and the VDI gets a bit jumpy any deeper, but I found tons of great things when I was swinging it...it got me into the hobby with a extremely positive experience.

The F44 is available with the 11" DD coil. It runs slightly higher than the concentric coil price. The 11DD bought separately runs about $125.00

Back
Top Bottom