EQUINOX 800 ..... What's YOUR Take ? ? ?

moparguy

I hope ..... This is NOT a repost or rehash ? If so please advise ASAP ?

Briefly ... I've been a "White's Guy" since day one .... over 30 years !

Last year finally upgraded from 6000 Di Pro to MX SPORT ...... It works very

well & I'm happy with it , HOWEVER I'm overwhelmed by all the "Chatter"

about the MineLab Equinox 800 ....... In short , I'm REALLY ! Thinking of

switching gears if you will ........ My question ( Finally ) Are they REALLY all

they say they are ? ? ? :?: Appreciate anyone who cares to share THEIR

experience with me / forum :yes: Should I step up to the plate and drop

1k + on this Big Dude ? ? :detector:

The Eq800 is impressive, it sees things with iron objects around better than my At Pro. The videos show it clearly signalling on small gold chains in saltwater for starters!

Ran a 6000Di for years, a good solid machine. I have also ran the MX Sport and can say without a doubt the Equinox 800 is a better machine. Now there is ALOT of hype out there about the Equinox but I have put some hours on this machine doing coin hunting, civil war relic hunting and beach hunting with it and can say it is the best machine out there in the price range. I think you would be very happy with it.

If your not a beach hunter I would also consider the XP Deus Lite version especially now with the new update and new coils coming soon. Nox 800 though is a good all around machine for the price.

As has already been stated the Equinox is a great detector for the money. In my opinion, best in its range. I loved my AT Pro, my Deus, my E-Trac, my CTX and many others and each had its strong and weak points. The Equinox doesn't seem to have a weak spot. Not that I've found yet anyway. A great coin hunter, a great gold hunter and a great relic hunter.

I have the 800 so I'm loving the wireless phones and the ergonomics/weight is great as well.

Good choice.

I just can't Thank each & everyone enough ! :good:

Please keep those reviews coming ! It sounds like I'm going to have to

start my search for a unit ! :neat:

If you hunt only in black mild dirt then Deus is better. Otherwise the EQ is more versatile as far as soil/water types.

Reports from Canada indicate that it’s a poor performer here on our coins. They show up used on the Canadian forum and they seem to be tough to sell. I’ve personally spoken with two Equinox owners who are very experienced detectorists and they were not impressed. For our coins, It’s a poor choice.

Is there anyone who does not like the Nox 600 or 800 is there a down side or any flaws that someone has ran into?

Detectors can be a personal thing, not everybody likes what the Nox has to say. I went from a Pioneer 505 to ATPro to CTX and I now am using the Nox. I won’t being giving up my CTX anytime soon, but after 40 hrs or so on the Nox it’s starting to click. It’s fast and it doesn’t mind my mineralized soil, and it’s producing silvers in sites I thought I cleaned out with the CTX. I think it has a lot to do with me digging almost every signal as I am still learning the Nox. If your willing to put the time in on the Nox, it’s a good investment in its price range.

Where do you live? Do you live near me? If so, don't get one, they are garbage :laughing:

Serously, you know what happened when I switched from my Whites to a Minelab? My silver count exploded. Now with the EQX, I find just as much silver, but now I find WAY more nickels and gold. The EQX is the best turf and beach hunters I've used in 35+ years.

Great machine the 800 is. I wouldn't go hunting without it! It is well balanced and very light weight. I can swing it all day and it is not like having a boxy shoe box attached to your arm. It pairs up nicely with wireless headphones without being tethered with a cord. And a VDI backlight when you need it. Plus it is multi-frequency or various single set frequencies with various adjustable target tones. And waterproof for the rainy days and more.

For me it is the perfect machine. They all work, just some better than others.

Last edited:
Hey Moparguy! I've always held a tender spot in my heart for Whites! Advertised in Fur Fish and Game for years, Made in the USA, affiliated with Dave Johnson on circuit design etc, can "put your kid through College" late night infomercials, etc.

Never had one though, and dont yet have a NOX...Well, the NOX rollout was not without its problems, but it seems at this point the first adopters made a good decision...Same with the AtPro guys...Horrible rollout, but a person simply cannot argue with the In Field results we witness here daily on the Forum....

So a guy has to decide whether to stay brand loyal, or go find himself some jingle!...I held my water on the AtPro for a season, but simply could not discount the finds pouring in on the Forums...So one day I whipped out my CC and I got one from a Forum Distributor...

To date, I have held my water on the NOX, but again, the finds and feedback from some credible hunters cannot be discounted and should not be dismissed...I've done the ROI evals, I've calculated the EBITA payback, So here comes the CC!

Its all about the productivity of the finds and in field performance feedback from the credible Hunters that we know and respect...So yeah..you should probably get yourself a NOX, try to salvage whats left of this Summer, find yerself some big jingle...If the NOX was a total dud we woulda known by now....

Thats what I'm thinking anyway....logically and without any emotion involved....Its strictly a business decision to get the right tool for the job, make me some money, has nothing to do with brand loyalty, or the implied promise of putting my kid through college...:laughing:

I have both the Equinox 800 and the MX-Sport and one thing that is so much better about the Nox is ergonomics, The Sport is heavier and not nearly balanced as well, My elbow gets fatigued after a few hours because of it. The Nox on the other hand is lightweight, well balanced, and wireless making it easy to swing all day. I realize it's performance info your probably after and although I like my Sport and other than weight issues I can't say anything bad about it I still think the Nox is the better machine.

I have both the Equinox 800 and the MX-Sport and one thing that is so much better about the Nox is ergonomics, The Sport is heavier and not nearly balanced as well, My elbow gets fatigued after a few hours because of it. The Nox on the other hand is lightweight, well balanced, and wireless making it easy to swing all day. I realize it's performance info your probably after and although I like my Sport and other than weight issues I can't say anything bad about it I still think the Nox is the better machine.

Now thats a Testimony! I looked HARD at the MX Sport myself...No doubt a great rig, but damn...theres the weight issue and bad ergos just like with the AtPro...Both the Pro and the Sport pull some gold, but damn..it can be painful! This is supposed to be fun!

Good feedback there Ron! Huge factor!..If a guy cant swing it, a guy cant find it!...no matter how good the damn thing is!...Its just too painful because of the piss poor ergos...

WOW ! Everyone has just been totally AWESOME ! :wow:

I really appreciate everyone's honesty & sincerity Re: The "NOX 800" ! :goodpost:

I've had several PM's Too ! With some GREAT advice ! THANK YOU ALL so very much ! ! !

I'm definitely going to start my hunt for one ASAP ! I'm very much inclined to

go with a seller who's a part of our community HERE ! To me this just makes

sense ...... + I'm not going to be "Pinching Pennies" either , I'm going to get

what I want for sure ....... I'll drop back and let everyone know how everything

goes ! THANK YOU ALL (again ) VERY MUCH for each & everyones sincere

input ! This is REALLY a great forum with lot's of GREAT PEOPLE ! :urock:

Back
Top Bottom