• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Here’s a good non bias video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be “that guy” who nitpicks on these tests, BUT I see some things that definitely effect results. He runs the CTX in auto +3. Would likely do better in manual, and should be ran in manual in this test considering the AT Pro has sensitivity wide open. AT Pro running aftermarket coil, all others have stock coil. Ground balanced the At-pro but not the others. Would like to see the Nox in Park 2 instead of Park 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I am sure there will be a lot of comments. I was surprised to see how the ATP did with the Nel coil. Wish they would also try the same test with the stock coil. I'd like to see if the Nel coil is worth the money.

I hate to be “that guy” who nitpicks on these tests, BUT I see some things that definitely effect results. He runs the CTX in auto +3. Would likely do better in manual, and should be ran in manual in this test considering the AT Pro has sensitivity wide open. AT Pro running aftermarket coil, all others have stock coil. Ground balanced the At-pro but not the others. Would like to see the Nox in Park 2 instead of Park 1.

From what I see the nox is in ground tracking,the 3030 is ground tracking too,and the deus is best left at 90 gb from my experience,and I’m assuming that’s were it’s at,default.
As for the other machines running a 11 inch round coil it wouldn’t be fair to leave the At pro run a 8 x11,,so they put a tornado (Round) coil on it to make the playing field more even.
The auto +3 I agree isn’t the best either imo,but then there are guys who say it’s just as deep or deeper.
All in all from having had the deus,At pro with tornado, and nox ,and Etrac instead of 3030,,I pretty much have gotten mirror image performance in my ground as in the video.Your soil may vary tho

Here really is a non biased video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4mBEUP-TGp0[/

You couldn’t be more wrong,anyone who knows anything about depth knows a round coil will smoke a 8x11 on depth...so yeah,in your video the nox outdoes the At pro with the stock coil..Throw on a round tornado coil on the at pro and it shames the nox in depth,like the video I posted.Hey,I’ve got nothing in it,the video speaks for itself,and my results are the same here.

Okay I'll take the bait. Lol

So when we compare the Deus and Equinox to the At Pro for separation or unmasking, we shouldn't be using a 9" coil or an 11" wide coil when comparing with At Pro wearing stocker coil then right???

Only problem is Deus and Nox smokes the at series even with a wider coil.
Maybe Inshould put the 5x9" elliptical on Deus and compare to At Pro in separation. And watch the smoke made by Deus.

Next, tornado coils, do they give them away?

I can tweek any detector really and gain some performance with aftermarket.
Like put tornado on Etrac and watch it smoke the you know what.

How big is that tornado doil anyway in video?

Just like I said a few weeks ago.
Where are the bone stock vids comparing At max or Pro to even the 600 Nox?
Seems they are limited.
You know what this tells me?
Guess.

From what I see the nox is in ground tracking,the 3030 is ground tracking too,and the deus is best left at 90 gb from my experience,and I’m assuming that’s were it’s at,default.

As for the other machines running a 11 inch round coil it wouldn’t be fair to leave the At pro run a 8 x11,,so they put a tornado (Round) coil on it to make the playing field more even.

The auto +3 I agree isn’t the best either imo,but then there are guys who say it’s just as deep or deeper.

All in all from having had the deus,At pro with tornado, and nox ,and Etrac instead of 3030,,I pretty much have gotten mirror image performance in my ground as in the video.Your soil may vary tho

I don’t have the best vision, especially when viewing on this small iPhone screen but doesn’t look like tracking blinking to me. Looks to be Bluetooth blinking. Maybe like you said as far as depending on ground but a GB on the Deus in my dirt definitely makes a difference vs running factory preset of 90. As does running in manual vs auto on the CTX. As for the coils, a 12x13 is bigger than anything else in the test. To me, unbiased would be to run what it came with from the factory since potential buyers watching the vid will get the 8x11 if they decide to purchase based on the results.

I don’t have a dog in this fight either since I also own all of those detectors. Just pointing out a few things that effect results.

Okay I'll take the bait. Lol

So when we compare the Deus and Equinox to the At Pro for separation or unmasking, we shouldn't be using a 9" coil or an 11" wide coil when comparing with At Pro wearing stocker coil then right???

Only problem is Deus and Nox smokes the at series even with a wider coil.
Maybe Inshould put the 5x9" elliptical on Deus and compare to At Pro in separation. And what the smoke made by Deus.

Next, tornado coils, do they give them away?

I can tweek any detector really and gain some performance with aftermarket.
Like put tornado on Etrac and watch it smoke the you know what.

How big is that tornado doil anyway in video?

Just like I said a few weeks ago.
Where are the bone stock vids comparing At max or Pro to even the 600 Nox?
Seems they are limited.
You know what this tells me?
Guess.

That tornado coil is 12x13,,so a inch bigger? And did you see him raise that at pro up off the ground at least 3 inches,and still bang n those coins? Those other machines were scrubbing the ground and not getting a halfway decent hit.
No,no bait and switch there,I’d call those machines evenly equipped with equally sized coils.
And you can’t tweak the At pro,what it is is what it is.That alone says a lot.I know you guys like to tear up the at pro,but truth be told that machine will pretty much outdo anything out there.Garrett just didn’t equip it with a good stock coil,but when you do put a similar sized coil on it,the playing field changes.
I’m not trying to glorify anything,or tear anything apart.At pro is just a great machine,it is what it is,no fuss,no tweaking,just straight forward performance.

That tornado coil is 12x13,,so a inch bigger? And did you see him raise that at pro up off the ground at least 3 inches,and still bang n those coins? Those other machines were scrubbing the ground and not getting a halfway decent hit.
No,no bait and switch there,I’d call those machines evenly equipped with equally sized coils.
And you can’t tweak the At pro,what it is is what it is.That alone says a lot.I know you guys like to tear up the at pro,but truth be told that machine will pretty much outdo anything out there.Garrett just didn’t equip it with a good stock coil,but when you do put a similar sized coil on it,the playing field changes.
I’m not trying to glorify anything,or tear anything apart.At pro is just a great machine,it is what it is,no fuss,no tweaking,just straight forward performance.

Okay go buy yourself a at pro and tornado coil and call it a day.

I think some folks are missing the strengths of Equinox - for the $$$

Versatile
For example, Deus with 9" round HF coil does do some things better (depending on actual target scenario vs Nox wearing stock 11" coil. But the Deus with 9" round HF coil won't hit my 9" deep clad dime. I have tried many times using many settings. Nox will strike the dime.

I get both good separation and good depth with one coil with Nox.
As conditions in a site change, I can adapt more so with Nox vs many other detectors to include the At Series detectors.

The video you posted has merit as long as you allow for non stock coil (extra $$) and realize with that trash can sized coil the At series likely won't separate for squat.

But soil mineral levels can affect too.
Meaning I'll put my $$ on the Nox vs the At series in medium and higher mineralized soil.

Let me guess, is this the only video you can find where the At series is hanging with the Nox?

Actually tnsharpshooter,your video and mine are the only two I’ve seen,unless you want calabashs videos. And we all know he’s a Garrett hater .:laughing:

Actually tnsharpshooter,your video and mine are the only two I’ve seen,unless you want calabashs videos. And we all know he’s a Garrett hater .:laughing:

Okay being a Garrett hater, doesn't mean he does biased videos though.

There is a distinct difference.

A Garrett hater can do a truthful video.

Like I said there is a reason for so few videos comparing.
How about a White's V3i video comparing to Nox.
We haven't seen any of these either.

I am not defending Nox here either, just stating the obvious.

If the At Max was whooping or was tied with Nox we would have seen videos a long time ago showing. The internet would be crawling with them. Waist deep actually.

And if true by all accounts Calabash's Nox would have hit the classifieds FAST!!!

Last edited:
Ok,let’s take a different look at this...Forget about the deus,nox and 3030...That At pro really bangs hard on those coins,for a midpriced mult purpose machine,with a aftermarket coil that puts machine and coil new at about $600,,it really is a heck of a deal.So,in that light I’d say it’s probably one of the best performance bundles for the price out there.Not comparing the at pro to nothing here but itself,performance,price includes that aftermarket coil.

A lot of manufacturers try to take priority measures to stop other manufacturers from creating aftermarket coils.And that’s a shame.What good is a machine if you can’t get the performance another can simply because everything is proprietary,and your limited to what they offer?Even if you think your machine is better than the at pro or whatever,If your not running a tornado coil or other large round coil in my ground,or probably most peoples ground,,your not touching a 10 inch coin,no way.So if depth is your thing,and your around my area your better off with a machine that takes aftermarket coils,and Nel makes the best imo.

Last edited:
Please tie to at pro to a tree and let it die......:laughing: I started with at pro and ran the tornado and attack coils. The deus with a 9 inch coil in my soil is deeper and you guys know how my soil is. I have not watched the video but read through the thread. Is Woodbutcher still living in fairy land in his thinking about the AT PRO?:lol: I dont like garrets but in no way no how are my videos FIXED OR BIAS where it concerns those machines. What you see is what you get.

Please tie to at pro to a tree and let it die......:laughing: I started with at pro and ran the tornado and attack coils. The deus with a 9 inch coil in my soil is deeper and you guys know how my soil is. I have not watched the video but read through the thread. Is Woodbutcher still living in fairy land in his thinking about the AT PRO?:lol: I dont like garrets but in no way no how are my videos FIXED OR BIAS where it concerns those machines. What you see is what you get.

Never said your videos were fixed.But you have no field time on most of the machine you test...and you won't get anywhere near the performance in your majic machines in my soil,it's a whole different type of soil..tests are tests,if that’s your thing..But when you start pulling the finds the Hoover boys do with they’re at pros,then we can talk:laughing:

I am not a Garrett hater, my AT Pro found plenty of great things. I also will testify that my deus with a 9 inch coil will hit deeper targets with a reliable tone than my AT Pro with a storm coil in clean ( but mineralized) ground. The pro will call many deep non ferrous targets iron with a blip of high every few swings but that will not stop you in your tracks.

Ok,let’s take a different look at this...Forget about the deus,nox and 3030...That At pro really bangs hard on those coins,for a midpriced mult purpose machine,with a aftermarket coil that puts machine and coil new at about $600,,it really is a heck of a deal.So,in that light I’d say it’s probably one of the best performance bundles for the price out there.Not comparing the at pro to nothing here but itself,performance,price includes that aftermarket coil.

A lot of manufacturers try to take priority measures to stop other manufacturers from creating aftermarket coils.And that’s a shame.What good is a machine if you can’t get the performance another can simply because everything is proprietary,and your limited to what they offer?Even if you think your machine is better than the at pro or whatever,If your not running a tornado coil or other large round coil in my ground,or probably most peoples ground,,your not touching a 10 inch coin,no way.So if depth is your thing,and your around my area your better off with a machine that takes aftermarket coils,and Nel makes the best imo.

Not sure where you are shopping, but i cannot buy a new at pro and a new tornado coil for 600. If you are a dealer please pm i want to buy some stuff from you.

At least for me , depth is not the most important thing. Unmasking is #1 and really about 80 percent of what i am looking for in a machine.

I can get my Etrac with 6x8 sef coil to find a coin in trash that i cannot get my nox with 11 inch to see. But you got to compare apples to apples, if i put the stock 11 inch coil on my Etrac ,,,, its game over and all nox.

Nothing i have ever put my hands on unmasks like the Deus, NOX, and in third place in my experience it is the Impact with small elliptical coil.

What IM excited about is a 6x8 sef coil for my NOX! If and when that happens it will again be a whole new world at every spot i have detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom