Anyone looking for a friend in the St Augustine, Florida area

DetectingWannab

Just joined and am looking for others that would not mind showing me how to properly set up my Equinox 800 and then head out for day trips around the state looking for treasure (or bottle caps).

73 here but very active and ready to hunt.

Just joined and am looking for others that would not mind showing me how to properly set up my Equinox 800 and then head out for day trips around the state looking for treasure (or bottle caps).

73 here but very active and ready to hunt.

Take a look at google earth. Select the month that is in the summer to view using the menu item with the clock icon. Use this to judge the number of people on the beaches. Another is to look at the sizes of the public beaches parking lots. Or beaches with high rise hotels and condo clusters.

That is where you need to hunt. I looked at the St. Augustine beaches and they are rather slim in populated beaches and hotels/condos. So you might have to travel further up or down the coast to find the best beaches to hunt.

Also travel after tropical storms or hurricanes that can form large cuts to expose deeper sand where you often find the nicer rings and old coins.

good luck. By the way your 800 is a good choice since it has very good beach mode. Keep the control box out of the water since it also has a nasty reputation of leaking. If you are under warranty, go for it, but out of warranty if it leaks you are looking at $500 for a new control head.

Welcome!
I'm not far from you, about 15 miles north. I also have an Equinox 800 and I'll be happy to show you the basics. The factory presets are pretty hard to beat till you get very familiar with the machine. I'll send you a message.

Back
Top Bottom