• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

More Civil War lead today and others

bearbqd

Elite Member
Well, I got back out to the same place that I found the three ringers the other day. I hunted around some different areas and came up with these good finds. I also found my best condition IH yet. It's a 1901 and it cleaned up very well after these pictures were taken. It has excellent detail and no scratches. The ear ring piece is junk found down by the river. I'm gonna hit this place more often before it gets battlefield status and I won't be able to hunt it anymore. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• relics 10-4-07.jpg
    relics 10-4-07.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 335
  • IH 10-4-07.jpg
    IH 10-4-07.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 330
  • dug minie 10-4-07.jpg
    dug minie 10-4-07.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Pack Horse Ford.jpg
    Pack Horse Ford.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Botelers Ford Sign2.jpg
    Botelers Ford Sign2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 308
Here's a few more. You can't tell it well, but two of the shots are of a cool gorge there. I also found some deep caves on the bluffs that I am going back to explore. Also across the street by the river is the old mill. I have an illustration from the newspaper of 1862 when this battle occurred. It shows the troops crossing the river at the mill from the vantage point of the Union Army firing at them from the other side of the river. You can see that the front of it is decimated by graffiti from the local college students.

Oh yeah, something really cool happened too. Right as I start detecting, this lady pulls up and asks if I have permission. Knowing this is public land I ask "from whom?" She then ignores that and tells me that she owns the farm at the end of the street and that people are always trying to get on her property to detect. I told her I have an extra detector and she would be welcome to hunt with me there if she let me detect. I also threw in that I had just gotten back from Iraq and that made me a shoe in. She is a big supporter of the troops and she said I could have first dibs. She got my name and number and she's gonna call me soon to come out there. How cool is that?

Attachments

• Botelers Ford Sign.jpg
    Botelers Ford Sign.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Gorge opening.jpg
    Gorge opening.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Gorge.jpg
    Gorge.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Concrete Mill Front.jpg
    Concrete Mill Front.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 306
  • Concrete Mill side.jpg
    Concrete Mill side.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
good finds Bearbqd and great pictures ,very nice area ,thanks for the history lesson . its very interesting to read the history of the great war between the states and good luck on the future lead

Back
Top Bottom