Sand Scoops

oldkoot

Elite Member
a few months ago i had covid and was hospitalized it affected my breathing quite a bit, making it hard for me to get down and dig targets, rite now i am just taking short walks to tot lot sand boxes close to where i live, so they are basically the community tot lot sand boxes nobody ever detects them, the issue is because of having covid it has messed my lungs up pretty bad I can get to my knees and dig ok but it is a !!!! shoot as to whether I will make it back to my feet, and once on my feet i have to stand there 10-15 minuets to catch my breath so I was thinking about getting a sand scoop to retrieve the targets has anyone else used a sand scoop to retrieve targets in tot lot sand boxes

Also does anyone have a recommendation on one i will never be using it in the water so I was thinking of a plastic sand scoop if they make a plastic one

Thanks for reading

I use my beach scoop in the sand volley ball courts and sand tot-lots.

It’s got a long wood handle, scoop itself was made / sold from Whites.

They make dry sand scoops that sound like they’d work for you. Aluminum. I don’t have first hand experience with them.

Sorry to hear about the lung issues from Covid. Glad you are getting out and hunting tough.

Something like this maybe;

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/pr...etector-sand-scoop-beach-metal-detecting-701/

I use my beach scoop in the sand volley ball courts and sand tot-lots.

It’s got a long wood handle, scoop itself was made / sold from Whites.

They make dry sand scoops that sound like they’d work for you. Aluminum. I don’t have first hand experience with them.

Sorry to hear about the lung issues from Covid. Glad you are getting out and hunting tough.

Something like this maybe;

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/pr...etector-sand-scoop-beach-metal-detecting-701/

Thanks for replying GroundSweeper i did see that and it is cheap enough

I have to try to keep active so i cant think of a better way the doctor says i need to start walking but not to over do it i figured what the heck i may as well carry one of my detectors with me but man oh man i went down to dig a target and almost could not get back up, luckily there was a couple of kids that came over and helped me to my feet, they started questioning what i was doing so i told them they helped me over to the closest picnic bench because i was having trouble catching my breath, they walked around with me and dug up the targets with me, they had a lot of questions about detecting and i was more then happy to tell them and have the company, where i am staying currently rite now is only about 50 yards from the park and it took me like 40 minuets to get to the park because i had to stop every 30 steps and get my wind back, those kids showed me there are still some good kids out there, that have respect, i told them i have other detectors also and if they wanted to learn i would let them use a couple they both said they would love to so we will see, when they first came up to me i thought they were going to try something other than their intentions because they actually looked like gang members LOL it surprised the heck out of me when they offered to help me

Always nice to hear there's still good kids out there!

I know there's more people on this forum that could chime in about a scoop - most of them loiter in the beach hunting sub forum :lol: you may want to post there if you don't get enough info here.

Happy hunting!

Always nice to hear there's still good kids out there!

I know there's more people on this forum that could chime in about a scoop - most of them loiter in the beach hunting sub forum :lol: you may want to post there if you don't get enough info here.

Happy hunting!

I placed an order for the one you put up a link for
I will not go again before I receive it because it is not fun to have to lay there like a beached whale LOL

Back
Top Bottom