• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Maybe I am watching the wrong metal detecting videos.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I like metal detecting videos Calabash digger, aquachiger, IDX monster, Gardansolyn, Metal Detecting NWGA or Green Mountain Metal Detecting. And then there is Diggin Britt who only got a measly 6.4 million views on her most popular video.

Speaking of Diggin Britt she has an amazing version of the AT Pro supplied by Garrett that allows her to swing the coin about 1.5 feet off the ground and find stuff. Here is her classic 6.4 million view video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6i7Osd96Uo

Give Diggin Britt her due, she seems to be a talented artist with her paintings.

Here are top 5 viewed metal detecting videos on youtube in order:

64 million views - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Z9tbJLkCE

59 million views = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9bX7EkMvrA

56 million views = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQ01-_zHaE

49 million views = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7rn6WuhM4

44 million views = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vg_Yi42Ok

What Pepa Pig came in 4th and calabash and aquachigger didn't even place in the top 5? I better watch #4 pepa pig video carefully and see what I can learn.

Last edited:
Britt has got some amazing stamina. Notice how she is seldom on her knees digging ? It is all crotch-cam footage of her squatting !

Well, the Metal Detector segment of the Peppa Pig video had me in stitches! Should've made number one! :lol::laughing:

good thing the metal detecting segment was first. can you imagine watching genetically deformed pigs with their nose on the side of their face for 1 hour 1 minute and 44 seconds?

actually these kids videos are modern day baby sitters to keep the kids occupied on their iPhones their parents give them. Our grandsons could use iPhones at 3 years old.

My wife and I are guilty of letting them have too much screen time. Hard to break them of that. Our most effective form of punishment is to take away their iPhones when they won't mind us or misbehave.

yeah, I was actually disappointed to find out it was just the one segment. It took me a few seconds to realize it goes on forever, but wasn't all about the *Grandpa Pig's voice* "Metal Detector".

Yeah KOB, her videos are not all about metal detecting are they....More about T & A....thats why she has 6.4 million views....it's what they are viewing....

I like women just as much as any other double nutted squirrel running around, but this is just not the place for this kind of nonsense. The whole “blouse open crotch cut jean shorts” thing is simply making a complete mockery out of a hobby that some of us take pretty effing seriously. I don’t look at them any differently than the thieves who screwed up Craigslist or eBay. There’s no “goodwill” or “good intent” or anything to genuinely offer the MD-ing community. To me, watching aging women metal detect in skimpy clothing is about as handy to me as, to quote Mary Stuart Masterson, “skiing and doing your taxes”. And as a completely heterosexual male, I find it to be absolutely EMBARRASSING that these videos in question have that kind of viewership. Why? It means that a whole lot of guys have sunk to an all time low in that instead of going out and GETTING LAID they’re sunk down in the couch rubbing one out to some old broad digging up a 2” Zincoln. And people wonder why this world has problems…

... thing is simply making a complete mockery out of a hobby.…

I highly doubt that any non md'rs go to youtube to watch md'ing videos (of ANY sort). And would happen-chance upon these exact videos and think "oh wow, md'rs are stupid".

Ie.: it's only md'ing geeks like ourselves that bother to watch md'ing videos, read md'ing forums, etc......

I like women just as much as any other double nutted squirrel running around, but this is just not the place for this kind of nonsense. The whole “blouse open crotch cut jean shorts” thing is simply making a complete mockery out of a hobby that some of us take pretty effing seriously. I don’t look at them any differently than the thieves who screwed up Craigslist or eBay. There’s no “goodwill” or “good intent” or anything to genuinely offer the MD-ing community. To me, watching aging women metal detect in skimpy clothing is about as handy to me as, to quote Mary Stuart Masterson, “skiing and doing your taxes”. And as a completely heterosexual male, I find it to be absolutely EMBARRASSING that these videos in question have that kind of viewership. Why? It means that a whole lot of guys have sunk to an all time low in that instead of going out and GETTING LAID they’re sunk down in the couch rubbing one out to some old broad digging up a 2” Zincoln. And people wonder why this world has problems…

I might be getting old, but I feel the same way...regardless of her age, to me it just screams "Attention Wh***!"

A lot of American fishing Youtube videos are the same and I skip over those as well....

I highly doubt that any non md'rs go to youtube to watch md'ing videos (of ANY sort). And would happen-chance upon these exact videos and think "oh wow, md'rs are stupid".

Ie.: it's only md'ing geeks like ourselves that bother to watch md'ing videos, read md'ing forums, etc......

I think non metal detectorists know better. As for my experience almost all my encounters with civilians (non-metal detectorists) are positive about the hobby when they ask you "did you find anything good?" Lot of them ask intelligent questions. It appears to me that most of the men that I talk to seem to have in the back of their mind, hmmm that looks like fun. I don't tell them about the layer of pull tabs, pop tops, screw caps, can slaw, bottle caps and metal trash lurking just inches below the surface.

Just tell them about my good finds.

I really haven't watched too many... I have to admit...I really like our own Adventures in Dirt. Although he doesn't do much of the vids. He is a great orientator and put's some good footage on. Been watching him for a while and like his channel.

Sounds to me like you've watched all her videos 2 or 3 times. Sunk down in the couch no less....Now really , I would much rather watch a nice gal metal detect if she knew what she was doing. Not many of those around. The guys , though some are informative , are boring after awile. The alternative majority are staged videos for views and subscribers. Pick your poison...

Sounds to me like you've watched all her videos 2 or 3 times. Sunk down in the couch no less....Now really , I would much rather watch a nice gal metal detect if she knew what she was doing. Not many of those around. The guys , though some are informative , are boring after awile. The alternative majority are staged videos for views and subscribers. Pick your poison...

:lol: It paints a picture doesn’t it?:lol: If the girls were out there REALLY for the detecting, that would be great! There are a couple that were decent but far from the “bawdy and steamy” sexpots that have come along recently in the last year or two. And it’s not just detecting, I’ve despised sex in advertising and everywhere else it doesn’t belong for a long time. Some guys might disagree, but there’s a lot more to life than !!!!!. But the girls wouldn’t do it if the guys didn’t make fools of themselves gobbling it up. And they do.

Sex sells. Cute blondes will always get more views than grumpy old men, like myself!

Two examples:

"Discovery Daisy" has 2.62k subscribers and has been posting videos for 6 months. She finds jack squat, but no one cares.

"Lucky Gin" has 4k subscribers and has been posting videos for 5 months. She finds jack squat, but no one cares.

Then you have my videos, "SkynyrdTim". I have 272 subscribers and have been posting videos for 7 years! I find colonial coins and relics, silver coins and large cents galore, but no one cares...

Sex sells. Cute blondes will always get more views than grumpy old men, like myself!

Two examples:

"Discovery Daisy" has 2.62k subscribers and has been posting videos for 6 months. She finds jack squat, but no one cares.

"Lucky Gin" has 4k subscribers and has been posting videos for 5 months. She finds jack squat, but no one cares.

Then you have my videos, "SkynyrdTim". I have 272 subscribers and have been posting videos for 7 years! I find colonial coins and relics, silver coins and large cents galore, but no one cares...
Probably because you do not have click bait words in your titles.
Detect where the grass is too high. Make video.
Put the words "grass" and "high" in the title. Sit back and watch what happens.

Two examples:

I hear ya, but I think these women either truly enjoy metal detecting (at least to some degree) or have some other reason for supporting their channel. Perhaps they have some other ways of raising or earning money?

I say this because if you want to make money on YouTube, you DO NOT start making metal detecting videos. Instead you choose other topics that not only get you more viewers, but get higher advertising rates.

Back
Top Bottom