Bought the CTX 3030 see last post

dbowling

A guy about 40 miles from me has a used CTX 3030 for sale with 3 coils, headphones etc all in ex cond for 1200.00... would this be a really good deal not sure if I want it do to weight but might buy it if wouldn't have trouble reselling to get money back.

Any issues I need to look for

Last edited:
A guy about 40 miles from me has a used CTX 3030 for sale with 3 coils, headphones etc all in ex cond for 1200.00... would this be a really good deal not sure if I want it do to weight but might buy it if wouldn't have trouble reselling to get money back.

If it's all in good working condition, that sounds like a great deal! Like getting the 2 extra coils for free. Those aren't cheap! I have read a lot of high praise for the 3030...with standard, small, or large coils.

That was just about a giveaway. Some people have all kinds of money, they’re not even trying to recoup. 1,200$ would be a proper price with just the stock coil. Not because of anything else but the sheer ability of the machine. It’s always a matter of…what’s it worth to YOU to have a machine that does what YOU want it to? Someone got a late Xmas present on that one.

its still for sale hasnt sold yet. It comes with stock coil, 6 in coil and 17 in coil.

Also are there any issues I need to look for?

Last edited:
That was just about a giveaway. Some people have all kinds of money, they’re not even trying to recoup......

My dad has a neighbor who won't fool with returning something if he doesn't like it or even having minor things repaired. It's just a reason to buy something new. My dad has bought expensive lawn equipment from him for next to nothing.

its still for sale hasnt sold yet. It comes with stock coil, 6 in coil and 17 in coil.

Also are there any issues I need to look for?

If you are very serious about getting and learning it that’s a great deal, as has been made clear. Make sure to just visually look at the machine and accessories and let that be a guide. Does it look beaten to death? Are the coils nice and black and shiny or are they all chipped up and faded from a million hours in the sun? Glance at the strain reliefs where the coil cables each go into their respective coils….any cracking or damage? Ears on the coils where the rod connects look good and not cracked, damaged or repaired? I would plug each coil into the machine and make sure the machine powers on each time and does NOT indicate on the display “Coil Not Detected”. Just use your powers of observation, if it looks terrible it just might be.

I was set to go pick it up tomorrow and changed my mind Im just not sure I want to swing that much weight.. Ive got a really bad back and with the nox Im good for maybe 4-5 hrs max then it takes me a day or 2 to recover.. As far as condition in the pics it looks new guy owned it since new he did say its going to need a new battery pack as it only last 7-8 hrs now on full charge. Coils look to be bright shiny in excellent cond. He hasn't even had a offer on it yet no one around here wants to put out the money for a high end detector. I may change my mind on it if he has it later but for now will just use the Nox, he said hes in no hurry to sell it if it sells great if not hes happy to keep it.

I say you try to get him down to $1,100. If not, you still buy it and flip it.

thought about flipping it but don't feel like messing with trying to ship it all especially with the 17 in coil.I dont really need it have the Nox 800 and 2 Anfibios.

.. Ive got a really bad back and with the nox Im good for maybe 4-5 hrs max then it takes me a day or 2 to recover..

Its a great deal, I would not pass on it. You could always sell and get your money back later if you decide you dont want it. If you're worried about the weight, get a swing harness. From what I hear, they make swinging the CTX real nice.

Hard to sell expensive stuff around here unless it involves hunting or fishing..plus he had it listed where tons and tons of people didn't see it limited audience helped.

Picked up the CTX tonite in really good condition just a little wear on side where it rubbed up against his body..coils still look excellent nice and shiny almost new.. seems to function as it should and has everything that came with it when new.

Back
Top Bottom