My Display Box and Yes I'm Still Here

GabbityGabby

Elite Member
Not sure how many people remember me... I think I joined this forum in 2014 or so around 18 years old... 26 now, just busier life but I still detect and collect coins! :D

Thought you might enjoy seeing a display I recently put together for my metal detecting finds. Got the glass case for $5 at a yard sale, cleaned it up, put in a cork backing, and added some finds, but no silver since I don't know how to keep silver from tarnishing in the case as it's not air tight.

Now to fill the case with more goodies šŸ˜

Attachments

• displaybox1.jpg
    displaybox1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 680
  • displaybox2.jpg
    displaybox2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 693
Glad to see you are still detecting, and dang does time fly!

The display case is really cool, I like that idea. The old car (tootsie?) and key are awesome additions, got a Ike in there and like the shelf too.

Great to see your post!

Nice!

I love putting my stuff on display and have visitors that come by to see them. I have 5 cases each with a different theme. Here is my Indian display mainly from relics found at Fort Atkinson. It was the site of the 1853 peace treaty.

Some notable relics are a canno ball, many arrowheads, clay pipe, a Indian War hammer head, and one of my hand carved sandstone maps of the site with a 45-70

Attachments

• Display-11.jpg
    Display-11.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 655
That looks like a fun project! I like the vintage "skeleton" key. Thanks for popping in and sharing with us!

-Chelsea

Nice!

I love putting my stuff on display and have visitors that come by to see them. I have 5 cases each with a different theme. Here is my Indian display mainly from relics found at Fort Atkinson. It was the site of the 1853 peace treaty.

Some notable relics are a canno ball, many arrowheads, clay pipe, a Indian War hammer head, and one of my hand carved sandstone maps of the site with a 45-70

Man, that is awesome!

Yes I remember you, You were here when I joined. Welcome back. Glad to hear you're still at it. Even if its part time. Hopefully the new year will afford you more time to detect. Cool display. Happy Holidays. Mark

Hey, I have a shadow box case like that too. I meant to do something like this with it, but it's currently somewhere in the "someday projects" pile. I like the cork backing and custom shelf ideas. You've got a whole bunch of memories and conversations in there already, and room for plenty more. Nice!
...and count me as one of the many who remember you. Don't be such a stranger.

Very nice.

To help prevent the silver from tarnishing, try putting some of those desiccant packs in the case. You'll have to change them every so often, but it will absorb the moisture and at least help with it.

Welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom