Jerry Seinfield's bizarro world method of detecting

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
We all go out hunting very optimistic (or at least hoping) we will find a real gold ring with real ice, civil war C.S.A belt buckle, three or four big silvers or a nice gold nugget.

However often we come back with a pouch full of junk and were skunked.

I am thinking of trying this alternate universe method of thinking. Or in the Jerry Seinfeld Bizarro world.

I will start a hunt with my settings and mind set just to find as much metal trash as possible. you know the usual suspects: pull tabs, fragments of pull tabs, pop tops, old can lids, screw caps, bottle tops, bobby pins, zinc pennies.

And maybe the results will be skunked on all the metal trash and have my pouch fill with gold, silver and valuable civil war relics.

It is worth a try.

I try to maintain the mindset of simply enjoying the hunt regardless of the finds, kinda like a fun form of exercise :lol: though I do prefer to at least find a few coins and not have an all-junk hunt :lol:

That sounds like the George Costanza "opposite" approach. He decided every thing he did was wrong so he would do the opposite. His pick-up line became "hi, my name is George, i'm unemployed and i live with my parents" and it worked!

One Cool Thing

I try to find one cool thing on each hunt and my definition of cool includes a wide variety of things so I'm not disappointed very often. The process, the research and the hunt is enjoyable to me.

Reelfoot Relics, very well said. "One cool thing" is in the eye of the beholder. It has kept me detecting in all kinds of weather,day after day because I found something cool today!

Back
Top Bottom