Attention - morning West Coast CA. Hunters

Police were telling people to get off the beach , move to higher ground. Some were panicking . Fleeing like they were being chased by Godzilla in a movie scene. Others were paralyzed and didn't move. I was expecting the tide to suck out a half mile so I could hit virgin ground. It was a big nothing.....

Was announced on the weather channel here , channel 362 this morning , better safe than sorry :shock::lol::quote:

Hopefully you won't announce a tidal wave coming from the Canary Islands that would hit the east coast of US with a 330 foot high wave... we will all be toast unless you can get away from the coast and get inland .... Florida would be underwater...

https://rense.com/general13/tidal.htm

I've seen identical warnings come and go over the years. They do not produce the beach erosion that we storm hunters want/need. Because it's a duration of only.... what.... 5 minutes ?

The type surf/swell action that produces erosion for our purposes, is swell trains that have 8 hr or 24 hr., or 3 days duration. To produce the compounding effect.

Because since it is only moving 1 sand grain at a time, then a 5 minute duration is not what we're after.

I've seen identical warnings come and go over the years. They do not produce the beach erosion that we storm hunters want/need. Because it's a duration of only.... what.... 5 minutes ?

The type surf/swell action that produces erosion for our purposes, is swell trains that have 8 hr or 24 hr., or 3 days duration. To produce the compounding effect.

Because since it is only moving 1 sand grain at a time, then a 5 minute duration is not what we're after.
1 sand grain at a time. How do you know that ? Talk about reading a beach.....

The danger with tsunami like that is that 2 foot surge doesn't stop like a nomral wave. It's a large body of water and it just keeps coming when you expect the wave to break and die out. At 2 foot a fit adult on the beach would be fine I reckon, but kids and property would certainly be at risk.
Check out the video's from the other day in Tonga

Took this from the NWS

..COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 1 PM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Two to three feet of inundation above ground level
expected in vulnerable areas near the waterfront and shoreline.

* WHERE...In Connecticut, Southern Fairfield, Southern New
Haven, Southern Middlesex and Southern New London Counties. In
New York, Southern Westchester County.

* WHEN...From 5 AM to 1 PM EST Monday.

* COASTAL FLOOD IMPACTS...Widespread moderate to locally major
flooding of vulnerable areas is likely near the waterfront
and shoreline, including roads, parking lots, parks, lawns,
and homes and businesses with basements near the waterfront.
Several to numerous road closures are likely, and vehicles
parked in vulnerable areas near the waterfront may become
flooded. Flooding will also extend inland from the waterfront
along tidal rivers and bays.

* SHORELINE IMPACTS...Breaking waves of 4 to 7 ft will result in
beach erosion, wave splashover onto shoreline streets and
properties, and minor damage possible to shorefront structures.

https://www.weather.gov/

... How do you know that ? .......

Kob, you are on record as saying it had no effect on beaches down your way in So. CA. So .... I'll let your own observations answer your own question. :laughing:

Hopefully you won't announce a tidal wave coming from the Canary Islands that would hit the east coast of US with a 330 foot high wave... we will all be toast unless you can get away from the coast and get inland .... Florida would be underwater...

https://rense.com/general13/tidal.htm

Wouldn't be the first time. Florida has no dinosaur bones because we were under water back then. I know my relatives get sea shells out of the ground in Central Texas. So guessing they'd be swimming too?:shock:

Seems ours take three days. Close calls from Hurricanes appear to mess the hunting up. Does make you find nails in boards with your feet though buried shallow:shock:

An additional 2-3 foot swell on the California coast looks like this:

https://youtu.be/AdYbQ6_orOM

Not quite sure how this stuff works, but Magic Seaweed never seemed to pick up the additional swell.

Back
Top Bottom