Would Be Nice To Get Some More Information On The Delayed Release Makro Legend

I think they said they would do their best to have the Legend out by Christmas never said it was definite or insinuated anything..she has been pretty clear about all this in her follow up videos.. as stated would much rather see them get it right first then have them send them out then ignore peoples feedback about what needs to be fixed.

What do you think about Minelab STILL not fixing the weak coil ear problem with the Equinox after 4 years?

Fixing and improving isn't necessarily moving the goal posts.

As I said on this forum in several posts, the same Nox coil ear design was used on the E series 11" coils and some of the CTX 3030 coils. I had two CTX 3030 coil ear failures. This has been going on for almost 15 years..........

I kind of get that but it was insinuated and not guaranteed. Understanding "why" there's been a delay makes the difference in my book. They're doing it to deliver a better product based on customer requests. Similar happened to their Anfibio and Simplex if I recall.

Exactly. No , it was not a guarantee. I got it. But the underlying fact that we now know later is that she knew at the time (and much later) was that these were still in tester's hands. Not gonna make it by xmas no matter how hard you try. Lol. It's all a moot point by now anyway. I will still probably get one down the road , but I have yanked my deposit. Because they yanked my chain. I'm putting that $ on the Vegas line over/February !

Delayed releases on new detectors/software seems to be the norm in this industry. We should all expect it by now.

Here's what works well for me. I call the dealer to see if the detector I want is "in stock". If it is, order it. I've received detectors within 48 hours of ordering them. No waiting - no fussing over delayed release. If not in stock, I'll just wait to order till it is in stock.

I see 2 possibilities, Nokta can't get parts in quantity, or there is a hardware/ design issue.
The detector should be software updatable by the end user, so if they wanted to change / add features, they could at a later date.
SMF detectors typically have EMI issues. I have not seen a review yet that talks about how this detector handles it.

Watch the Treasure Talk video and see for yourself. I don't care which country a detector comes from. But I respect more of an honest , accurate , straight shooter approach when it comes to sales and marketing. Anything else I view as untrustworthy , sketchy and suspect. Look at the whole AQ fiasco. Not saying this is the case and I'm sure the Legend will be a solid detector. But for crying out loud , don't move the goal posts in the middle of the game.

Agree 100%. Can’t believe that lady still has a job. Very cocky and unprofessional

Agree 100%. Can’t believe that lady still has a job. Very cocky and unprofessional

So you actually watched Dilek's video from January 18th where all of the questions raised in this topic were addressed............or are you just saying what you think of her personally.

She is the point person for Nokta Makro. That's HER job especially on new releases.

Steve Moore was the point person for the Garrett Apex. I don't remember too much grief pointed at HIM even though there were several delays, updates, and at least in my case, I had to send in my Apex once for parts replacements (coil and main PCB) and had to send in brand new MS-3 Z-Lynk headphones that came with it twice before they worked correctly (wireless board didn't work the first time which they replaced with a wireless board that had a non functioning battery!!!!!). I don't blame Steve Moore for the delays in release or for the problems I had afterwards. I also don't voice my opinions (whether right or unfounded) of what I think of Steve Moore as a point person based on whether I like him, Garrett or the experience I had. However, the Apex that I received was not ready for release.

If Nokta Makro's Legend is the detector they claim it is and they are willing to try to get it right before shipping one to me, I say absolutely, take your time, get it right and just the way you want it.

Some of you people just don't like Nokta Makro....fine. Some of you don't like Dilek Gonulay and Nokta Makro....that's fine too.

Having to send in a brand new detector and components three times within two months of buying for repairs is not fine with me.

Last edited:
Wonder if this is the problem

Attachments

• money2.jpg
    money2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 207
I actually like Dilek. Except her hair flipping drives me nuts ! But I think she jumped the gun a bit early in prior videos that she now feels bad about in her latest video. I'm still looking for The Legend to be The Deus Slayer !

So you actually watched Dilek's video from January 18th where all of the questions raised in this topic were addressed............or are you just saying what you think of her personally.

She is the point person for Nokta Makro. That's HER job especially on new releases.

Steve Moore was the point person for the Garrett Apex. I don't remember too much grief pointed at HIM even though there were several delays, updates, and at least in my case, I had to send in my Apex once for parts replacements (coil and main PCB) and had to send in brand new MS-3 Z-Lynk headphones that came with it twice before they worked correctly (wireless board didn't work the first time which they replaced with a wireless board that had a non functioning battery!!!!!). I don't blame Steve Moore for the delays in release or for the problems I had afterwards. I also don't voice my opinions (whether right or unfounded) of what I think of Steve Moore as a point person based on whether I like him, Garrett or the experience I had. However, the Apex that I received was not ready for release.

If Nokta Makro's Legend is the detector they claim it is and they are willing to try to get it right before shipping one to me, I say absolutely, take your time, get it right and just the way you want it.

Some of you people just don't like Nokta Makro....fine. Some of you don't like Dilek Gonulay and Nokta Makro....that's fine too.

Having to send in a brand new detector and components three times within two months of buying for repairs is not fine with me.

Yeah just don’t like her. As for nokta no opinion either way. I would be pissed to if I had the apex at launch. I think she was extremely aggressive in initial video at launch and then kinda whiny on the follow up video.

Yeah just don’t like her. As for nokta no opinion either way. I would be pissed to if I had the apex at launch. I think she was extremely aggressive in initial video at launch and then kinda whiny on the follow up video.

So the topic of this thread was

"Would Be Nice To Get Some More Information On The Delayed Release Makro Legend"

Nokta Makro through a message from Dilek gave plenty of information about the delayed release on 1/18.

The topic isn't "Nokta Makro is okay but do you like Dilek?"

I just don't get why anytime there is a topic about the Legend release, that you have to repeatedly post multiple times how you don't like Dilek...What is the point of that?

I left comment in video link above.
In case folks want to read.
Dilek imo is trying to wear hats. And shouldn’t be.

So the topic of this thread was

"Would Be Nice To Get Some More Information On The Delayed Release Makro Legend"

Nokta Makro through a message from Dilek gave plenty of information about the delayed release on 1/18.

The topic isn't "Nokta Makro is okay but do you like Dilek?"

I just don't get why anytime there is a topic about the Legend release, that you have to repeatedly post multiple times how you don't like Dilek...What is the point of that?

Cause I preordered on initially and felt shafted. And there isn’t any rule saying I can’t correct? I am not the only one either.

I think this is a reasonable theory.

Or everybody could stop theorizing and just go by what Nokta Makro has said in its latest update video.

I pre ordered one too. I did not have to put any money down. I don't feel shafted.
I would feel shafted if I received a Legend and then had to box it up and send it in for parts replacements.

I did have to put money down for a Deus 2. Still don't have one either.

I want both companies to get it right before they ship.

Tinhorn,thats what i thought it makes it tough for a importer to price a product when their currency fluctuates so wildly not to mention Turkeys inflation situation and remember a little over a year ago America almost went on total boycott of Turkish products

Back
Top Bottom