Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Owl Engineering
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Lost and Found

Old 01-06-2022, 05:32 PM
Supporter

Default Lost, Five Silver Coins Dug, and then Lost

Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier. I could see where a tractor had cut some sand away, so the rain could run off the walkway. Well knowing coins sink, and seeing the cut went from zero at the sidewalk to nearly two feet out towards the ocean, I jumped right on the spot. First target was a 32, 33, so I dug and to my supprise, a Ben Franklin, and of coarse, I swung back over the hole, and sure enough I was getting the same numbers. In the same hole, out comes a Walking Liberty. Two half dollars in the same hole. Next came a Washington silver, and then a Mercury dime, and finally a Rosevelt silver dime. I was so excited, I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:02 PM
Supporter

Although thatís never happened to me, I feel your pain!

Old 01-06-2022, 11:15 PM
Elite Member

Ouch, did you return to look?

Old 01-07-2022, 12:10 AM
Elite Member

Next time, youíll take the pictures at home, Iíll bet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT E-Series, Spectrum XLT (Rainbow), Garrett Propointer II, Killer Bee Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger, Root Slayer NOMAD digger

Old 01-07-2022, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by hikerdude View post
Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier. I could see where a tractor had cut some sand away, so the rain could run off the walkway. Well knowing coins sink, and seeing the cut went from zero at the sidewalk to nearly two feet out towards the ocean, I jumped right on the spot. First target was a 32, 33, so I dug and to my supprise, a Ben Franklin, and of coarse, I swung back over the hole, and sure enough I was getting the same numbers. In the same hole, out comes a Walking Liberty. Two half dollars in the same hole. Next came a Washington silver, and then a Mercury dime, and finally a Rosevelt silver dime. I was so excited, I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.
Oh, that's terrible. My first ring was a little sterling number that was unusual, a bit large for me. I lost it in a restaurant bathroom..

Old 01-09-2022, 12:13 AM
Supporter

Too sick to post pics, or you can't bear to even look at them now? Sounds like a fun time before you realized it.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:28 AM
Supporter

Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier.......................I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.
Let's see the pictures!

Equinox 800; Explorer II; AT Pro

Old 01-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Supporter

I know the exact spot you are talking about. So you are the 1 posting for a reward of those on craigslist. Bro....forget it. Hope you ain't the 1 posting about all the jewelry off main st.

Old 01-11-2022, 11:03 PM
Elite Member

Guess they never should of made that stuff legal in your state You wouldn't of done that.