Issues with Ace 200

KatieKat

My Ace 200 has been occasionally going crazy when I detect and starts beeping and continuously showing VDI numbers and tones as if I were detecting, even when I’m standing still. It seems to happen more when the ground is wet. I recently noticed that there is a crack in the plastic on the bottom of my coil. Could that be causing the issue? I already upgraded my detector, but I’d still like to keep this one as a backup. Thanks!

Quite frankly....you need a backup to the backup. And then trash the backup....Then keep your new backup.

You might try letting that coil get good and dry, in case there is moisture inside. Then apply JB Weld to the crack.

But i think the best budget backup to an Equinox 800 would be a Vanquish 340 or 440 since they share the same VDI numbers. And they collapse to a VERY small size when you reverse the upper handle.

What i find so odd is that the clunky pushpin shaft is on the high end Equinox detector and the budget Vanquish has the much nicer easy to adjust camlock shaft.

That Equinox shaft is no better than the shaft on my $100 Bounty Hunter.

Is your coil plugged in and not loose?

Yep, coil is plugged in nicely. The crack in the coil is also jammed with all kinds of tiny pieces of bark and dirt. When I was a newbie i didn’t realize what the coil protector was for, so I just threw it out. I already ordered a new coil for it. Hopefully it fixes the issue because that detector is so easy for beginners to use (ie my kids, dad, and beginner friends). It’s nice and simple, so I enjoy having it available.

You might try letting that coil get good and dry, in case there is moisture inside. Then apply JB Weld to the crack.

But i think the best budget backup to an Equinox 800 would be a Vanquish 340 or 440 since they share the same VDI numbers. And they collapse to a VERY small size when you reverse the upper handle.

What i find so odd is that the clunky pushpin shaft is on the high end Equinox detector and the budget Vanquish has the much nicer easy to adjust camlock shaft.

The crack is also crammed full of debris that I can’t get out. I went ahead and ordered a new coil. If it doesn’t fix the issue I’ll return the coil and buy a new backup machine I guess. Fingers crossed!

JB weld as John said

Back
Top Bottom