Natural Copper and Silver

There is some gray looking rock (?) woven through parts of that beautiful specimen. Could that be limestone?

If I am seeing the same as you the grey is all Silver. It is just shaded and embedded deeper in the Copper. I can say I wish I was the one that recovered it as that specimen is unbelievably spectacular. Trapper

Wow cool copper silver there! Thanks for pointing it out on the phone! So cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gray rock is likely fragments of the original rhyolite host rock, not silver or it would have been cleaned and shiny silver, just like the silver. :D
I guess you know more than the experts from the mineral museum then. Dam did you get all them smarts from your coin roll hunting? I suppose you know more than the people who been taking these half breeds to the mineral show in Arizona and selling them for years. You must be smarter than half the world who buys them.

I guess you know more than the experts from the mineral museum then. Dam did you get all them smarts from your coin roll hunting? I suppose you know more than the people who been taking these half breeds to the mineral show in Arizona and selling them for years. You must be smarter than half the world who buys them.

Despite your sarcasm, KT will answer your question. First, KT only has a picture to examine, not the actual specimen. If He had it in hand, KT could make a more accurate examination. however, having been a professional geologist/mineralogist for over 40 years is what I base my expertise on, what experience do you have, other than perhaps finding one occasionally?
FYI, I spent 18 years at the Tucson Show examining mineral specimens from all over the world and during that time I saw several 100 of these half breeds, varying from excellently cleaned like this specimen to those not cleaned at all. That is the basis of my opinion. Of course, I did not charge a fee, so you get what you pay for. And incidentally, I purchased a fair number of them over the years!

Despite your sarcasm, KT will answer your question. First, KT only has a picture to examine, not the actual specimen. If He had it in hand, KT could make a more accurate examination. however, having been a professional geologist/mineralogist for over 40 years is what I base my expertise on, what experience do you have, other than perhaps finding one occasionally?
FYI, I spent 18 years at the Tucson Show examining mineral specimens from all over the world and during that time I saw several 100 of these half breeds, varying from excellently cleaned like this specimen to those not cleaned at all. That is the basis of my opinion. Of course, I did not charge a fee, so you get what you pay for. And incidentally, I purchased a fair number of them over the years!
I will tell you that your dead wrong on this one! Don't care what ya claim about the experience you have. You can say all ya want about looking at a pic. But it's silver. It has been tested.

I will tell you that your dead wrong on this one! Don't care what ya claim about the experience you have. You can say all ya want about looking at a pic. But it's silver. It has been tested.

I do not care what you think, KT was simply stating that it LOOKS like interstitial rock fragments to Him. And KT is not claiming, He was simply stating fact about His Experience. Of course the specimen is a half breed, KT did not dispute that.

I will say it is a very nice specimen and very collectible. To bad KT does not live in the UP or He would be out looking for those!

I do not care what you think, KT was simply stating that it LOOKS like interstitial rock fragments to Him. And KT is not claiming, He was simply stating fact about His Experience. Of course the specimen is a half breed, KT did not dispute that.

I will say it is a very nice specimen and very collectible. To bad KT does not live in the UP or He would be out looking for those!

KT, I am not here to judge your background or your history. As I know you only as KT. I do know you have been a longtime productive member of this Forum and have contributed a lot of info over the years on a lot of threads. It is my opinion though you would receive a lot more respect if you were to speak from a 1st person or yourself. Communicating totally from a fictional format like a third person may be entertaining but gets old fast. It sure does not command credibility even if is deserved. Like cartoons they held our attention as little kids but as age comes upon us all we grow out of them. My thoughts are it would be nice to learn about you if it was you I'm talking with. I hope that you look upon these words with a positive reflection as it is meant to be that. Trapper

KT, I am not here to judge your background or your history. As I know you only as KT. I do know you have been a longtime productive member of this Forum and have contributed a lot of info over the years on a lot of threads. It is my opinion though you would receive a lot more respect if you were to speak from a 1st person or yourself. Communicating totally from a fictional format like a third person may be entertaining but gets old fast. It sure does not command credibility even if is deserved. Like cartoons they held our attention as little kids but as age comes upon us all we grow out of them. My thoughts are it would be nice to learn about you if it was you I'm talking with. I hope that you look upon these words with a positive reflection as it is meant to be that. Trapper

Reality sucks!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom