Newbie Questions about the Simplex

Nevaru

I have been interested in getting into detecting for a while and have been doing a fair amount of research on machines and pricing. I have pretty much decided on getting the Simplex for now and then moving up to a more advanced machine once I get some experience under my belt.

I am looking for a beach/shallow salt water detector as I live on the east coast of Florida. Might do some park land hunting but mostly I think I will be at the beach for now.

My main question is about the wireless headphones, are they waterproof, water resistant? As I live near the beach and plan on being in the water quite a bit I would hate for one rogue wave or fall to ruin them.

Also I am bigger guy at 6'2" with a good sized melon how comfortable are these headphones?

If they arent, I think this unit is Bluetooth. So can I pair any bluetooth headphones to it, if so I can just get a set of wireless waterproof bluetooth headphones instead of spending the additional $80ish to order the kit that includes.

I have read quite a few threads extolling the virtues of this machine especially for those that are new so I am guessing it is well worth the cost at around $260 shipped, any thoughts from anyone with some extensive experience owning one here?

I think you will find a wireless set up will not work under water?

The Simplex has wireless built into it (I believe its Bluetooth) but I cannot find any info on whether the included headphones were waterproof or even water resistant. I know there are conversion kits available (like the Grey Ghost kit) that are wireless waterproof (submersible) headphone with their own transmitter adapter, but this shouldn't be needed on this machine.

Just trying to decide if the kit with the wireless headphone sis worth it or if I should put the money towards a set of wireless submersible bluetooth headphones/ear buds or even a wired set of submersible as I do have plans to at least do some snorkeling with it.

If I find I like the setup enough I will get the Nokta PulseDive setup for diving deeper, and will prolly end up with a Excal II eventually

You need a wired waterproof set of headphones if you want to dip the Simplex over its display.

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

The wireless headphones are not waterproof. However, there are waterproof headphones available, but they are not wireless

I have never experienced the simplex but I have read a number of posts stating that the simples is not the ideal salt water beach machine. More research might be worth your time.

Back
Top Bottom