I got my 1921-D Merc graded and it turned out better than I thought it would!

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I dug my 1921-D Merc on October 16th this year in Orrin, ND. Obviously I had to send it in to get graded.
They recieved it on th 21st and ever since then I've been checking the status of it numerous times a day.
It finally got put into their registry thus morning as an EF-45! I was hoping for an EF-40, possibly EF-45 if I was lucky. I thought for sure they were going to slap me with a "cleaned" grade but that was not the case.
Figured I'd update you folks on it.
fc4f4171a1614cdea02aacc0ae8490bb.jpg
cede86981dea6583683f5269c645f9c7.jpg
8e436e42a3351e2593796363e06de11d.jpg
250a1e6256b129ef1af3a678885112e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Very nice! Might I ask how you went about getting it graded? I want to get my avatar graded, but you either need to be a club member, or you need to bring it to a dealer who is a club member. Seems like your turnaround was very fast too! Congrats!!!

Probably better for you that you went with NGC rather than PCGS. NGC being a little more lenient on grading , but that is also sometimes reflected in the realized price. Nice score regardless.

Congrats man, amazing they didn't say "cleaned" or "environmental damage", great find!
Thanks zee! I am amazed as well that I didn't get dinged by the infamous "cleaned" grade! I did wipe the dirt staining off of it but I was careful not to have any grit left on the coin. I got a few very minor hairlines but nothing serious.

Very nice! Might I ask how you went about getting it graded? I want to get my avatar graded, but you either need to be a club member, or you need to bring it to a dealer who is a club member. Seems like your turnaround was very fast too! Congrats!!!
Thanks cellr! If I have coins I want to get graded I end up getting a yearly membership with NGC. It is a bit spendy but usually worth it. I get the Premium membership I think it is, the one that is $150 for a year. When you join they give you a $150 credit towards grading fees. I have a buddy who had me send some coins in for him. I used economy or regular grading for them and it took all of 3 months to get them back. I ended up with a $75 credit left over with them and I was super excited to see how my dime would grade out so I chose the Express grading for it which is $80. Then it also cost $10 for handling and $26 for return shipping. The difference is you more or less get to jump in the front of the line. It was a 13 day turnaround time.

Back
Top Bottom