Cache find Michigan

Michaeltime

Elite Member
I called a White's dealer in Greenville Michigan a month or so back. He had a story of one of his clients getting permission from a guy he was helping move to search the property when they were done loading up. He found jars of Silver Dollars. It must have been big news lots of people have told me about it . Also a train wreck in town and several have told me gold coins were found. I gave it a little try looking but gave up easy. Anyone in Michigan or out of state interested in looking the site is back of a small car lot east of the corner of W Congress and Lafayette (M 91) Greenville Michigan. Big parking area maybe one time the car lot was bigger. It is covered in stone south of the car lot and Fred Meijer trail is on the North side. They turned the old tracks into a nature trail paved it. Your not suppose to metal detect on the trail. I don't like looking for stuff if it is so littered with iron readings I stopped shortly after giveing it a try.
M6 Mike

I've heard of someone in the Greenville area finding several double eagles near the railroad a few years back, but not of the silver dollars in jars cache. I'd love to detect a known train wreck, especially if it carried gold, but not if hunting isn't allowed. That just gives us bad press....

Greenville Gold

Somewhere in my post I got the story of the $20 gold pices story from aguy that had one put in his hand by a lady that her two sons found 5 of them in one day. may have been two boxes of the gold coins. Origionally I was told dollars but the old man cleared it up for me, was $20 gold coins. Story goes that one night two people found a chest after the town had spent some time looking through a bulldozed lot finding signle coins here and there . . the two dropped their shovels and sifter and carried the chest off to their vehicle and left behind the shovels and sifter. What do you think was in the chest for them to do that?
M6 Mike
This was back about 1971

If you can get permission, I'm willing to travel up from Lowell to hunt the area. I'm sure that Triplehooked would tag along also.

Back
Top Bottom