Platinum mining.....

LRS23S

I have a close friend who has been talking with his grandma and they own land in colorado. Anyways they were home over the past few months and she said that during the 1930's or 40's a group came out to the property looking for gold. They didnt find gold but they found platinum. She said that she can remember the area where the platinum was found. I was wondering if I could get any links and information to anything about mining/finding platinum.....could an E-trac find it and if so what would the tone be...like gold...?? I know that the etrac is not the "tool" for the job but its all I have at this point. Any help would be awsome!!!!

I would suggest you let your fingers do the searchig and do a google search for the info. you're looking for. Start with your basic question 'Platinum mining' and see where it takes you. Your situation sounds very interesting and I hope you have some good luck with it. Please be sure to post your story and any pictures you take for the rest of us. : ) I DO know that I've seen people who are gold mining (on TV) have found platinum nuggest in their pans. I think it looks kind of dull gray.

I would suggest you let your fingers do the searchig and do a google search for the info. you're looking for. Start with your basic question 'Platinum mining' and see where it takes you. Your situation sounds very interesting and I hope you have some good luck with it. Please be sure to post your story and any pictures you take for the rest of us. : ) I DO know that I've seen people who are gold mining (on TV) have found platinum nuggest in their pans. I think it looks kind of dull gray.

http://bit.ly/Hl03Ob

I am taking a stab here. Platinum is heavy like gold, so I would get yourself a Gold Pan. try some different samples from around the property and "pan it" to see if you find any color!! I suspect there are tiny tiny pieces, probably not MD-able size...

let us know how it goes!!

Thanks all for the fast replies Im checking everything out that you guys are sending love the "let me google that for ya" haha

Platinum is one of those metals that usually occurs with other heavy metals and I'm pretty sure that almost all platinum mining of any scale requires extensive processing. But if I was going to try it out with a metal detector I would would buy a piece of natural platinum ore to understand what I am looking for and how my detector sees it. Problem is that the way it occurs would probably make platinum ore look like 50 different things to a metal detector depending on how it formed.

Back
Top Bottom