Gold Prospecting with The History Channel

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
My trip out West was great and we had a lot of fun with a super crew from The History Channel! From the Producer and Director, to the Camera and Sound guys, we had a blast getting to know them an filming Arizona gold prospecting! I was very lucky to put together an “Arizona Dream Team,” of successful prospectors for the cameras. Calvin Bunker, Mike Furness, Robert Martenson, Chris and Steve Gholson and my very good friend (and Arizona gold prospecting legend), Bret Chilcott. The special will air this fall on The History Channel, and as the time grows near I’ll give a shout. Here are a few pics!

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 843
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 920
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 837
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 836
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 823
Chris Gholson

So who's the guy with the fistful of gold and where did he get it?

Chris is probably the most well-known Arizona gold prospector. He found all of those nuggets. The one he is holding in the photo with his Dad Steve, is from Australia. All of us brought some big gold to show as examples of what we have found, but Chris takes the Prize EVERY time!

Nice going Terry, glad you had fun & looks like you had alot of experts there.

Maybe it will give a more honest look at what we do prospecting & what a great hobby it is.

wonderer

Sounds like you had a blast. Be sure to remind us when this is on when it gets a bit closer to the time it airs. I'd like to watch.

I would like to know what equipment they used, and I especially hope its nothing like that idiot show where the use backhoes in Tombstone and sell rusted guns for almost $4,000.

I actually see very few postings about dedicated nugget hunters on this forum, its a nice forum but where I live and where I plan to MD its areas known not for relics but real gold.

I don't need to know where, but it would be nice to speculate the better machines to detect gold like the Gold Bug 2 at its very high frequency, the Whites GMT in the same class, the Garret AT Gold that has good reviews and then the big guns like the Minelab GPX 5000.

I would like to know what equipment they used, and I especially hope its nothing like that idiot show where the use backhoes in Tombstone and sell rusted guns for almost $4,000.

I actually see very few postings about dedicated nugget hunters on this forum, its a nice forum but where I live and where I plan to MD its areas known not for relics but real gold.

I don't need to know where, but it would be nice to speculate the better machines to detect gold like the Gold Bug 2 at its very high frequency, the Whites GMT in the same class, the Garret AT Gold that has good reviews and then the big guns like the Minelab GPX 5000.

Silverado,

Several placer gold prospecting disciplines were demonstrated including gold panning, drywashing, crevice vacuuming, VLF and PI metal detecting. We demonstrated the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, and the Minelab GPX 5000.

I also did some field testing the next day with my Tesoro Sand Shark that surprised a few people. I will be writing up the test results for Tesoro. I was very pleased!

Attachments

• SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 849
Hey Terry,
thank you for inviting me again! It was a great day for all of us. Terry put this thing together and it turned out great.
:digginahole::digginahole:

Very nice! I am dying to see this, please keep us posted. I watch the history channel and am waiting to see the promo. Congratulations Terry!:cool:

Looking good Terry. I can't wait for the show to air. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. Those were some big nuggets you guys had there. I'm impressed.

Back
Top Bottom