Video I did - Etrac vs Equinox 800

Will do another similar test using dime both detectors.
Results will be different (Etrac should do better) than above.

Make no mistake Etrac a VERY worthy detector, low conductors not its strength.

Sorta nice to be able to actually show some of the things I have been talking about here on this forum and others.

Will do another similar test using dime both detectors.
Results will be different (Etrac should do better) than above.

Make no mistake Etrac a VERY worthy detector, low conductors not its strength.

Sorta nice to be able to actually show some of the things I have been talking about here on this forum and others.

I would agree with this statement, and try with a silver dime if possible

I would agree with this statement, and try with a silver dime if possible

Will use a silver dime.
Will eventually get Deus in the act too.
Some thing I want to show folks with it too.

There will be many more vidoes I do. Lol

Some food for thought here for folks.
I know the Etrac will do better than in the video above using higher conductive coin.
Question here for folks to ponder.
Does how the Minelab engineers ( with Etrac) having the iron range in the same area (conductive wise) as higher conductive nonferrous range have anything to do with the why behind Etrac doing better with higher conductors near iron?
I honestly don’t know.
Is it reallly all about a freq thingy??

WOW that Trac is SLOW! The non-Ferrous response on that nickel is just long,mushy and has no “pop” to it whatsoever. I’m curious as to why you kept the Trac and did not keep the CTX David? Does TTF shorten up that signal and make it more perceptible to the ear? No way I could hunt with that audio...but that’s ME. And that’s where it’s great that there ARE different machines that gel with different people for different “missions”.:grin:
It’s hard enough for the OPERATOR to see the screens on the detectors,getting the GP to see it well enough for a VIEWER to see it is an art. You’re doing fine with the camera,a headband is the perfect POV in my opinion,and it’s how I shoot as well. The viewer sees what you’re seeing,more or less....

I want to see the silver dime comparison as well. BTW, all Etrac comparisons against the Equinox, MUST be done with a "fast" setting, and high trash setting on the Etrac, on surface tests like this, to honestly compare. I still feel that the Equinox will kill the Etrac but...let's get honest ;-)

Last edited:
WOW that Trac is SLOW! The non-Ferrous response on that nickel is just long,mushy and has no “pop” to it whatsoever. I’m curious as to why you kept the Trac and did not keep the CTX David? Does TTF shorten up that signal and make it more perceptible to the ear? No way I could hunt with that audio...but that’s ME. And that’s where it’s great that there ARE different machines that gel with different people for different “missions”.:grin:
It’s hard enough for the OPERATOR to see the screens on the detectors,getting the GP to see it well enough for a VIEWER to see it is an art. You’re doing fine with the camera,a headband is the perfect POV in my opinion,and it’s how I shoot as well. The viewer sees what you’re seeing,more or less....

I like Etrac better for what I use fbs detectors for.

Interesting video. I don't believe you mentioned what kind of tones you were running though. Two tone ferrous maybe? If you're running in 2TF or 4TF and placing an iron nail near that nickel (or any good target) it will drive the FE number above the iron breakpoint of 17 and cause it to null out. I'd be curious to see your test again with the Etrac running deep off, fast off, open screen with FE disc'd out 25+, two or four tone CONDUCTIVE. This is how I now hunt my pounded sites I previously hit in 2TF and Multi. It's like they're new again. I wouldn't mind hitting them with a Nox as well though.:lol:

I want to see the silver dime comparison as well. BTW, all Etrac comparisons against the Equinox, MUST be done with a "fast" setting, and high trash setting on the Etrac, on surface tests like this, to honestly compare. I still feel that the Equinox will kill the Etrac but...let's get honest ;-)

We’ll see how the Etrac does using silver dime.

My whole point to showing the video, is to show folks running fbs detectors, I hear folks say a lot about how great they ID.
You see if you indeed dig say 13 conductive signals you won’t really dig that much trash. And you will find nickels. But has say Etrac user found all??? They might think they did. I certainly know better. On the flip side equinox will indeed locate nickels near iron Etrac user may hear and think junk target, but equinox user will dig junk too when trying to get nickels. Like pull tabs etc.

I will be doing more vidoes.
Deus is going to be shown soon. And how does it ID both higher conductive coins and nickels when iron comes into play.

My goal, just make folks aware. Not trash a detector model. It may look like I am trashing a model. Remember I didn’t make Detectors only use them.
And showing behavioral differences hopes helps folks. I have stated thi;gs on this forum previously about detecteos and maybe some folks thought I was blowing smoke. Hopefully the videos will convince folks ole Sharphsooter ain’t a smoke blower.

That Etrac is a great machine,and it’s not only deep but the ID and the tones are probably the best in the business.Having a good working nox 600 I gotta say there is no way the Etrac will come close to the nox in this test.Both good machines but we’re talking about one of the slowest reset machines made compared to one of the fastest reset machines made,in a seperation test.

That Etrac is a great machine,and it’s not only deep but the ID and the tones are probably the best in the business.Having a good working nox 600 I gotta say there is no way the Etrac will come close to the nox in this test.Both good machines but we’re talking about one of the slowest reset machines made compared to one of the fastest reset machines made,in a seperation test.

Just watch my next video using higher conductor coin.
Etrac will improve greatly.
With detection and ID -both.
If my memory serves me right.

Back
Top Bottom