• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab "Victory"....new detector coming

It's just an 800 in a different housing. Minelab finally unearthed a software version that will actually work correctly in the 800 (for everyone).….Victory! Name and appearance had to be changed so a 3rd software version wouldn't lead to even more debate/confusion with the 800....:roll:......just to speculate and add a little humor:D

Well, they didn't fail to deliver when it came to the Equinox. I will be anxiously waiting for more info on this Vanquish. Not saying I will buy one; I am more interested to see what direction Minelab is going.

I hope it’s FBS based! Something with all the features of the CTX but lighter and with a selectable single frequency turbo mode! I’d be all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read some of the comments on that video about the crappy build quality of the nox. I've had my nox for a little over a year now and put many, many hours on it. Never had any issues at all. The stock shaft did have a little looseness, but really not that bad. I did replace the OEM shaft for an Anderson shaft, but could have saved some bucks and lived with it...it wasn't that bad. I think if they would have never had the shaft issue, there would be very few problems with the nox. I'm pretty happy with my nox!

Read some of the comments on that video about the crappy build quality of the nox. I've had my nox for a little over a year now and put many, many hours on it. Never had any issues at all. The stock shaft did have a little looseness, but really not that bad. I did replace the OEM shaft for an Anderson shaft, but could have saved some bucks and lived with it...it wasn't that bad. I think if they would have never had the shaft issue, there would be very few problems with the nox. I'm pretty happy with my nox!

I still use my Nox with oem rod. Even with the biggest coil.
You will always have some folks out there who will nit pick.

I wonder why these folks are even into detecting sometimes.

I wish the only problem with a lot of new releases in the past was a little slop in rod.

I could start listing here. List would be LONG. Most of the detectors with negatives I would list cost more than Equinox. And no wireless offered on most either.

Maybe I should list a few.
Okay let’s start.

Original Fisher F75LTD cost > $1000
Super noisy no wireless

White’s V3 cost > $1500
Noisy and no real operators manual at release.

White’s MXSport cost > $745
Audio screwed up, cracks in control head
No wireless offered.

Minelab CTX cost > $2000
No true wireless
Leaked like sieves when submerged.

At Pro cost - when released higher than cost now.
Noisy

Yeah I could keep going.

There are no perfect detectors out there. Never will be. Just like autos, etc.

Manufacturers can strive to make. Will never happen!!

But which one gives the most bang for buck, will be bigger seller.
Just like autos, etc.

Detector manufacturers (most now) I think realize market share is more important in long run. And to increase market share creating a model affordable to more folks yet performs is what will make this happen.

Market share has changed (increased) in last year for two manufacturers (USA wise).
Folks can guess which 2.

There are a few ways to judge how popular a detector model really is.
I won’t tell how I base my judgement. But everyone here has the same access to info I look at. This method of mine is believe it or not is just a glance every so often at s few areas on the Internet. And high majority of time I see the same thing happening. So to me it means some thing.

Last edited:

I think people overlook that they have an extremely capable multi-frequency detector for a good bit under $1000!! I have said it before that my initial thought on the Equinox when it was officially launched was pure hype. Make all VLF detectors obsolete? Pure marketing BS! I waited for the dust to settle once they were being bought and used in the field by "every day" users and read the "real world" reviews. I took the plunge and bought a 600; I am glad I did:yes:. My 600 has not had any shaft wobble/looseness issues at all.....so far. If so, there are a couple of really excellent replacements out there that would still keep my overall investment well under $1000. Anyone remember how expensive a new White's DFX ( multi-frequency )was back in the day? :wow:

Using some common sense we can probably speculate a little better :laughing:. They are going to drop little bread crumbs of info and blurry pics like they did last year, building up huge hype for a release at Detectival in September as someone else mentioned. Since they just got finished hyping up and selling the NOX 600 and 800 to several millions of people last year, I don't think they will come back 1 year later with "Detectival news" that they are releasing a Nox 400 with less bells and ask those millions of people to now buy the lower end of what they just sold them last year. I think the Nox 400 is out. I seen rumors of a light weight GPZ 7000 gold machine and it does look like there may be sand in the background (beach or desert?) of the blurry video but for a Detectival hype and announcement I think the GPZ market is too small. The Etrac line I think is finished with the release of the Nox 800. There's not much need for another machine between the Nox 800 and CTX anymore since the Nox does everything so well at the 900$ price range. I think it's also too soon for a Nox 1000 announcement. The updated low end GoFind models also are not very old. That leaves the going on 8 year old CTX and even older Excalibur in my opinion. They will likely announce a bluetooth pointer to pair with the Nox this year also, I really don't see why they haven't already. Just adding my 2 cents of speculation which could be way off in left field. :lol:

For beach hunting the stock shaft is junk. From the cuff to the cam locks. The balance of the detector is also a nightmare. The coil ears are also too thin. The price of the detector made the negatives easier to swallow. But to pretend they don't exist sets up the customers for future models with the same problems. Dissatisfaction of a product or the quality of a component should absolutely be brought to the manufacturers attention. To list the negatives of detectors from other manufacturers is not relevent.

Last edited:
So Minelab gets a pass because other manufacturers have flaws in their detectors? Very interesting. I didn't know that. Does it work for other products? Vehicles? How about doctors? If one makes a mistake big deal....they all make mistakes. Not much of an excuse in my opinion. Weak....Very weak.

Back
Top Bottom