• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Once in a lifetime: Copper Culture Spear Point (Update)

That is astounding, I never realized we had a copper age culture in North America. I've got to research this a bit now that I've seen what you found, just amazing.

WOW Trapper, not sure how I missed this but WOW, what a find. Congratulations !

Next year when we get back out to the woods i have a new program i am going to put in your machine! All artifact numbers and barber half numbers will need to be blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂
Mike I do believe that there will not be a lot of Barber Halves nor historic Copper artifacts in my future.But the blessing of digging both of those in your presence have created a rare feeling of accomplishment and a bit of self satisfaction.:D
That is an awesome find. I wonder how many copper pieces have been found and tossed by not knowing what they were? I know I'm gonna look things over a little better now.
Appreciate your reply. There are a lot of small tools made from copper in history. Everything from fish hooks and needles to cooking devises and utensils. The great thing in this hobby is we sometimes are blessed to recover some of these items.
Speechless!!!!
HISTORIC FIND.
It is a pleasure just to look at a picture of one - I've heard about but never seen.
Thank you Lawrence for the kind words. The pictures don't truly depict the real character of this piece. I hope a opportunity comes for you to at least get to handle a item like this. Each item has its own personality given from it's creator. Trapper

One word

SUPERB !!
Thank you Brewser. Superb is a whole lot of word and it is appreciated.
That is astounding, I never realized we had a copper age culture in North America. I've got to research this a bit now that I've seen what you found, just amazing.
Thank you for your reply Bio. A lot of people in this country don't know that the Americas have a whole history that dates back well before the birth of Christ. Mankind has always found ways to use what was at their means. Copper Culture is only a touch of history that was here a long time ago.
WOW Trapper, not sure how I missed this but WOW, what a find. Congratulations !
Your comment Jerr is appreciated and it was never late. Over the years I have been blessed with some great days in the field. This one was particularly a good one for me. I had witnessed a couple of these historic finds in the past but never anticipated I'd ever put a coil over one. I can say the thrill is still with me with this recovery. Trapper

I was just talking to someone today who is headed to Michigan and my first thought was Copper Culture artifacts! This truly is a lifetime find. Congrats!

I am really thankful for your post here Storagebox. While the Copper Culture was based in the upper Midwest, basically because of metal supply. Its products have been found on the East coast and in the Southwest of this country. The trade period of the Native Americans spread some of the demand of its wealth throughout the lands so it might be rare but is not limited to Michigan. For me this item just brought out a lot of questions. The who, when and how will never be specifically answered but sure opened the doors to learning about America's history in those times. I hope that this type of experience can be had by every detectionist that wants to feel some history. Trapper

Absolutely beautiful patina! Love it!

Thank you KT, I didn't do to much to the point for cleaning. Only a water wash and a light brushing with a soft toothbrush just to remove the dirt. Would have wished to have had in situ pics of its recovery but was without camera at the time. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom