Pinpointer Usage

oldrunner

I turn my pin-pointer off after digging a target. Is that normal or do some or most of you leave it on for the entire hunt? Just curious...

I always turn it off. That does two things. First it saves battery and second if it gets near metal it will activate. It just takes a second to switch it off and on.

Cliff

Turn it off for sure. I keep my finds in my lower cargo pocket
Pinpointer in my upper pocket. If I accidentally leave it on, it buzzes like crazy.

Turn it on and off hundreds of times each hunt. For awhile I experimented keeping it turned on and in a holster away from anything metal. Didn't really work out. If it is a simple recovery, it's only on for a few seconds. If it's a deeper target or multiple targets, then it stays on until I no longer need it. In the meantime I place it on the ground between my knees so it is away from my tools and won't accidentally signal.

Give me a pinpointer that has an off/standby switch and then a softer press and hold button or squeeze mechanism for it to be on.

I am prone to turn my pointer off, even during target retrieval and always off between holes. Many pinpointers will self re-tune when left on the ground for several minutes.

Off. When not actually being used. I will pinpoint a target and turn it off while I dig a plug. Then on to check. Batteries last forever that way.

Back
Top Bottom