Here’s one- definitely eye popping. Wallet popping too. Lol

Yup....all the old finds and hoards etc are all found here in the good old UK!

Matt

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The neat thing with that find is he does not have to surrender it to the danged government. Single gold coins found in the UK are exempt. My heart would not withstand a find like that OH but what a way to go.

The neat thing with that find is he does not have to surrender it to the danged government. Single gold coins found in the UK are exempt. My heart would not withstand a find like that OH but what a way to go.

....not for long 'IF' the government gets its way!

Consultation document:

"Revising the definition of treasure in the Treasure Act 1996 and revising the related codes of practice."

Yes, would be weird when the government found out each of the 15 detectorists in the field each found one gold coin. Trying to find 14 friends with detectors might be tough, though. "Go buy the cheapest one you can find, QUICK"
:laughing:

WOW! Beautiful coin. My headline would have read:

"Ancient gold coin found next to body of amateur detectorist / heart attack victim"

WOW Really a once-in-a-life-time find. After reading article, talking to the wife about moving across the ocean to the UK...just hate to learn a new language at my age....
[Heard they speak UKlander].
:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom