Rare token?

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
My buddy found this today. Last one sold for $2,000 on ebay. Anybody a token guy? His is beat up but rare is rare in some cases.
a40631a15a5b4c005ba0261453bc9c4c.jpg
1df00a2d339ab9a31aa83c526556ff05.jpg
a894c18cde0b7584eb767deeec9e0d47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw it on ebay , wait for bites?

Already did! Moved this over to mind blowing finds. Already got an offer of $555.55 for it. I can’t find any good history on it. I’m wondering if the hole is Pearl Harbor related. Maybe hot shrapnel burned through. I originally thought it was target practice or a necklace hole.

Deus Rules!!

Definitely worth selling that token if he isn’t interested in keeping it himself. I couldn’t find a previous “sold” auction for the token on eBay to confirm the $2000 price, but I do know the token has at least too important characteristics going for it: any token that says “Saloon” on it commands a higher selling price, and a token from a “territory” is also valued higher - in this case from Hawaii long before it became a state. The rough condition means it obviously won’t get the value that a better example might get, but if it truly is a “rare” token, the condition won’t hurt it as much as you might think. Much, if not all, of the lettering is readable, which is key.

Tokencatalog.com has a little on the history of the token:

TokenCatalog entry for the token

Definitely worth selling that token if he isn’t interested in keeping it himself. I couldn’t find a previous “sold” auction for the token on eBay to confirm the $2000 price, but I do know the token has at least too important characteristics going for it: any token that says “Saloon” on it commands a higher selling price, and a token from a “territory” is also valued higher - in this case from Hawaii long before it became a state. The rough condition means it obviously won’t get the value that a better example might get, but if it truly is a “rare” token, the condition won’t hurt it as much as you might think. Much, if not all, of the lettering is readable, which is key.

Tokencatalog.com has a little on the history of the token:

TokenCatalog entry for the token

Thanks for the input. I know little about tokens, so that helps.

Deus Rules!!

Wow, that's super cool, a great piece of history.

I don't think I'd sell it but it's yours so do with it what you will, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom