Two Buffs and a War Nickel Today!

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
Went to a park today where I've pulled out a few silver coins over the years. Didn't get any silver, but did get two buffs and a war nickel! The war nickel is a 1943 P and the buffs are 1916 and a no date. My first buff in 15 months and my first war nickel in 14 months. Not a bad day!

Attachments

• no date buff.jpg
    no date buff.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 1916 buff (1).jpg
    1916 buff (1).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 371
  • war nickel.jpg
    war nickel.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 329
  • nickels.jpg
    nickels.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 359
Love finding those kinds of nickels...especially when you haven't dug one in over a year. Good report! Fresh dug pics, and already cleaned, carded, and labeled. You ever try super fine steel wool, or SOS pad, with running water, to clean your dug buffalo nickels? I like the way it gets off most of the rusty look, and brings back some of the metal shine, without losing details.

Nice finds! Nickels are fun for sure. Nice job displaying them. I keep track of how many I've found, but I need to do better labeling and displaying them. I keep my coin finds thrown in a ziplock bag. Shameful really.

Love finding those kinds of nickels...especially when you haven't dug one in over a year. Good report! Fresh dug pics, and already cleaned, carded, and labeled. You ever try super fine steel wool, or SOS pad, with running water, to clean your dug buffalo nickels? I like the way it gets off most of the rusty look, and brings back some of the metal shine, without losing details.
Yes, sometimes I do break out the steel wool on Buffs. It does improve them, but I don't have much luck getting a date with that method. The dates on many Buffs were already worn off when they were dropped, so there's not much you can do about that. Still fun to find, even without a readable date.

Congrats! That is really a great hunt! :thumbsup: I am hoping to find a buff or war nickel one of these days. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom