Is hunting the dry sand at Hampton Beach over?

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
I don't get there too often and never found too much but this year there's hardly a pull-tab. I'm told they run the the cleaners nightly. I was there twice this week and only saw one other digger on the beach so I guess this is old news for everyone else.

Are the other ocean beaches the same now? Is it worth the trip anymore?

Hampton gets hit really hard

lots of hunters in early am.. lots of hunters at 2 and 3 am sometimes. they grid the the hell out of the dry sand... the sand cleaning machines don't get much of the coins or rings i have hunted right behind them and still done well. wet sand and water is where to go for the gold there. but like i said its hunted hard. try hitting it after midnight after a real hot day. stick to wet sand water.. you'll get some gold if your detector can run in the wet/water

lots of hunters in early am.. lots of hunters at 2 and 3 am sometimes. they grid the the hell out of the dry sand... the sand cleaning machines don't get much of the coins or rings i have hunted right behind them and still done well. wet sand and water is where to go for the gold there. but like i said its hunted hard. try hitting it after midnight after a real hot day. stick to wet sand water.. you'll get some gold if your detector can run in the wet/water

I was at Hampton this morning and only found 2 quarters and a dime at 05:00.
Hunted in the wet mostly.

Gotta agree with BeachHunter, the machines make the sand lookpretty but dont get much as far as coins and rings and such. Now getting pounded by hunters I can relate to. Here in Waikiki you get asked if your on the day shift or night shift. I always see 2 or 3 others working the sand and its prob the same at Hampton. Used to live close by so I know the feeling.

I'm heading to Hampton Beach for a quick day trip in a couple weeks with the family and was thinking of bringing the detector with me. This has me questioning whether its even worth bothering with being that I will only be at the beach for a few hours probably mid day.

I'm heading to Hampton Beach for a quick day trip in a couple weeks with the family and was thinking of bringing the detector with me. This has me questioning whether its even worth bothering with being that I will only be at the beach for a few hours probably mid day.

Still ok in the wet sand and the far north end of the beach past the rocks wasn't too bad. Still worth the walk if just for the exercise.

I ended up using it as the excuse to walk away from the towel so I could hang out at the cigar shop for a while. Worked pretty good for me, your mileage may vary.

I have found that the sand sifters at our beach fluff the coins up closer to the top. It does catch the necklasses and chains though. I agree there are a LOT more earlybirds out MDing in the last few years. I'm never alone out early anymore.

Back
Top Bottom