TRX Facelift!

The way I hunt a lot, is at places where I have to be really careful the way I dig, small holds and with a pinpointer that just picks up near the tip is really helpful. at times when I hunt places where I don't have to be as careful, a pointer that picks up, up an down the pointer does work a little better. that's why when I had the garrett an trx I could carry both in my pouch.

I doubt Garrett is big enough that they want to split production between two competing products, so I'd be really surprised to see the TRX come back. Color me sad.

I could see the next generation of Carrot integrating some of the TRX features...maybe they'll get better depth, maybe the dual battery options. They may just go completely sealed with rechargeable li-ion battery. I think the tip / shaft detection (this sounds dirty) is determined by where inside the coils are located and I doubt they'd add extra parts to stray from their usual method.

Oh definitely they bought Whites to keep anyone else from using the name recognition. I'd think if they use it themselves it's be in some non-self-competing way, which I can't think of how. Rebadged cheap chinese !!!! that they want to profit from but not associate with the Garrett name...? <shudder>

Back
Top Bottom