Equinox 600 advice

coldmidget

A lady contacted me said lost gold rope bracelet while gardening. Approx a week ago. I'm a beach hunter should I set machine on park 1 or what setting do u record I use. Going tonight to search

A lady contacted me said lost gold rope bracelet while gardening. Approx a week ago. I'm a beach hunter should I set machine on park 1 or what setting do u record I use. Going tonight to search

I'm not too familiar with the 600 and 800 (ie.: the meaning of "park 1", etc...), but will say this :

Since the lady says it's rope gold, then be aware : Even a rope gold that has a heavy composite total weight, can be a difficult target. Because any time you're talking about necklaces and bracelets, with individual links, the machine will try to see each as an individual target. Not the composite weight.

A buddy of mine recently got a heavy rope gold necklace, that .... once we investigated the signal with our machines when it was out of the ground, found it to be an iffy signal. Ie.: scratchy and barely above iron. Ie.: You'd need to have had your machine to scream on small foil, to get the conductive hints.

So it will sort of depend on what she means by rope gold. If it's super thin strands (all woven together), then as said: The machine will try to see all the strands as separate. EVEN IF THEY ARE TOUCHING and wadded up.

So set your 600 for whatever is optimum for micro-jewelry, just to be safe. And hopefully her garden is not filled with ttteeennnssyy little foil turds and junk.

Last one I dug was a hefty sucker and it was 2-3 VDI, if I remember correctly.

Sheesk, 2 to 3 on the Nox scale is whispy super low foil ! And yes, a gold ring of the same weight would be a bold higher signal. But chains, despite some being heavy, are difficult targets.

Tom has it right. Chains are, by design, a difficult target unless the clasp is large and you get a fix on it.
Good luck on the find and return.

Tom has it right. Chains are, by design, a difficult target unless the clasp is large and you get a fix on it.
Good luck on the find and return.

yes im aware of chains hard to find so gonna dig every signal. i got video of 10k 4 grams gold ring 9 inches deep at vdi of neg 5 on the nox. check out swfl treasure detecting on you tube its their. thx all for the advice gonna need it.

Sheesk, 2 to 3 on the Nox scale is whispy super low foil ! And yes, a gold ring of the same weight would be a bold higher signal. But chains, despite some being heavy, are difficult targets.

Yep. I asked to try to find it on the beach, so I was digging everything in the target area. Normally, I don't know if I would have dug that signal, or not. But, I dig them now, lol.

All that and it should be very shallow or on top of the ground unless she turned soil over it. I’ve never found a gold chain but put my 800 over a couple of my wife’s gold chains and I could barely pick up even her bigger chains on the surface.

I would put it in Park 2. Park 2 default settings are more tuned for fine jewelry. If it was only lost a week ago, it is still on the surface. Concentrate on shallow signals. I would try to use a leaf rake and carefully pull the loose surface dirt into a line and detect that line first. Maybe even with just your pinpointer. Good luck.

Yup I would expect low numbers, if any numbers at all. If the initial search with the equinox turns up nothing, I would try with the pinpointer. Good luck, and keep us posted!

I'm not too familiar with the 600 and 800 (ie.: the meaning of "park 1", etc...), but will say this :

Since the lady says it's rope gold, then be aware : Even a rope gold that has a heavy composite total weight, can be a difficult target. Because any time you're talking about necklaces and bracelets, with individual links, the machine will try to see each as an individual target. Not the composite weight.

A buddy of mine recently got a heavy rope gold necklace, that .... once we investigated the signal with our machines when it was out of the ground, found it to be an iffy signal. Ie.: scratchy and barely above iron. Ie.: You'd need to have had your machine to scream on small foil, to get the conductive hints.

So it will sort of depend on what she means by rope gold. If it's super thin strands (all woven together), then as said: The machine will try to see all the strands as separate. EVEN IF THEY ARE TOUCHING and wadded up.

So set your 600 for whatever is optimum for micro-jewelry, just to be safe. And hopefully her garden is not filled with ttteeennnssyy little foil turds and junk.

beg,borow,or steal a tesoro compadre,or a tesoro Mojave with either the 6 concentric coil,or the the 7" precision concentric coil...at 12khz, these two will give you a fighting chance to find the necklace.outrageous at finding fine gold chains. you'll get a "clean, smooth" hit that will make ya want to dig it! trust me!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

beg,borow,or steal a tesoro compadre,or a tesoro Mojave with either the 6 concentric coil,or the the 7" precision concentric coil.......

Since this was in a "garden", you're absolutely right : Those old 2-filter Tesoros could indeed find micro-jewelry. A difference between them and the new-breed of machines like the Nox, is that: The Tesoros suffered in mineralized ground. The new breed can combat that.

But a garden is presumably pretty inert soil (as opposed to wet salt beach, etc...). Thus yes, good point.

yes! especially the "Mojave" which employs a "low" mineralization, and/or a "high"
mineralization toggle that allows "enough" range to counteract mineralization to a degree.
however, as you stated, the real "juice" to a Tesoro is the "2 pole" "designed "analog circuitry", coupled with the "tight windings" of the small 6" concentric coil,or the 7" "precision" concentric coil. CRACKERJACK" micro jewelry combinations. tough to find better, and this technology has been around for a very long,and extremely productive time, plus a "short money" tool for the job!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I'd use park 2, and pay attention to the sound that signifies "surface" (double beeps)...that will help with eliminating anything deeper than a half inch (I can't imagine it even being THAT deep though)

Back
Top Bottom