Package shipping woes

achaios

Forum Supporter
Not a complaint about the USPS this time, although once, a substitute carrier who didn't want to have to carry that scanning device did this same thing.

FedEx delivered two boxes to me yesterday. At 1:29 PM, I got the notifications that they were delivered. There were no packages on my porch. I reported the issue of possibly stolen packages to the FedEx site. At about 2:05 PM, the packages arrived. Apparently, the FedEx guy couldn't be bothered to scan items individually, so he scanned everything for the neighborhood when he got here.

FedEx was also the company that delivered 11 sticky bottles of soda to me just tossed in a box, because during loading, they ran something through the styrofoam padding and punctured the 12th bottle. There is also a video of the FedEx driver heaving a large monitor over an 8 ft. high fence.

"FedEx: When you don't give a rat's patootie whether it arrives safely or not."

Just venting,

-- Tom

Not a complaint about the USPS this time, although once, a substitute carrier who didn't want to have to carry that scanning device did this same thing.

FedEx delivered two boxes to me yesterday. At 1:29 PM, I got the notifications that they were delivered. There were no packages on my porch. I reported the issue of possibly stolen packages to the FedEx site. At about 2:05 PM, the packages arrived. Apparently, the FedEx guy couldn't be bothered to scan items individually, so he scanned everything for the neighborhood when he got here.

FedEx was also the company that delivered 11 sticky bottles of soda to me just tossed in a box, because during loading, they ran something through the styrofoam padding and punctured the 12th bottle. There is also a video of the FedEx driver heaving a large monitor over an 8 ft. high fence.

"FedEx: When you don't give a rat's patootie whether it arrives safely or not."

Just venting,

-- Tom

I guess he had to deliver the monitor no matter what!😂

I had sent my detector in for repair. Fed-Ex was supposed to deliver it on my day off. I stayed home to be sure to get it. It said 'Out for delivery' but it didn't arrive. I live in an apartment and later went to check my mail. There was a notice of attempt to deliver. They hadn't even tried because I was home all day. I had to take the next day off from work and catch the Fed-Ex driver in the parking lot to get my package.

I'm in that business and let me just say that FedEx, UPS, USPS and Amazon are all already at max capacity with as many temporary workers and rental vehicles as they can get and it still isn't enough. Things are going to get worse between now and the holidays.

Someone explain this one to me. This package was guaranteed delivery by Monday the 23rd. Apparently this is how the make sure it’s not early. Send it to PA from IN, then back to IN to slow it down.:?:

Attachments

• 623993C7-AB97-4B4D-92CE-165FF67DE116.jpg
    623993C7-AB97-4B4D-92CE-165FF67DE116.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 142
Everything is bad right now. I have a high value package that’s been MIA for a week, sent via priority mail. All the carriers are bad but USPS is especially bad right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run an e-commerce site and ship almost daily. UPS was crazy busy about a month ago. Trucks packed to the gills. Then they had a couple of weeks where it slowed up and now the trucks are just starting to fill up again. I ship mainly USPS and UPS and in an entire season shipping hundreds of packages we have very few issues. Almost no MIA and usually about zero damage. I credit most of that to my packing though. We get a lot of inbound deliveries and the way some companies package their orders makes me cringe.

We have the nicest UPS drivers. Totally go out of their way for me all the time, USPS, not so much. Our weekday mail lady has made a game of seeing how large of a package she can jam into our mailbox.

Back
Top Bottom