• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CRH and buying totals for 2020

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Since today is the last day of 2020, His Majesty felt it was fitting to give the Royal Totals for this year. This year was most unusual, of course, but in KT's instance it is divided into two separate groupings...CRH and when that ended, KT began to purchase from various sources.

So from January to March 13th, KT did His Normal Royal Routine...5 boxes of halves a week and during that time 55,000 halves were searched with the following recoveries: 90%ers - 37, 40%ers - 55, Proofs - 20, NIFCs - 240.

When that abruptly ended, KT started purchasing, mostly rolls, of halves. This lasted until August 11th, when suddenly silver roll prices on eBay shot up from an average of $150/roll to over $200/roll! This was simply a reflection of a sudden rise in the price of silver/ ounce. However, KT called it quits...and took up long gun camo painting as a hobby.

Anyway, the purchases of halves brought in 313 90%ers and 41 40%ers. Of these, 41 were Barbers! :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances:

So here is what went into the Royal Treasure Chest this year in silver:
350 90%ers and 96 40%ers.:gettinmoney::wincup:

Sorry no pictures in this summary as everyone knows what rolls of halves look like! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Greetings KT and here’s to 2021! It is nice to hear that the royal treasure chest saw increases whether through CRH or through purchases of rolls. I’m interested in knowing how his royal self determines at which point the bounty gets liquidated.
Best wishes for a successful return to all things CRH once we get past the Covid crisis and banking returns to a semblance of normalcy.

Greetings KT and here’s to 2021! It is nice to hear that the royal treasure chest saw increases whether through CRH or through purchases of rolls. I’m interested in knowing how his royal self determines at which point the bounty gets liquidated.
Best wishes for a successful return to all things CRH once we get past the Covid crisis and banking returns to a semblance of normalcy.

Ha ha! Easy question to answer, jkbemdavis!

Never! :laughing::laughing: UNLESS....silver were to suddenly skyrocket.
KT is in for the long haul and it will all be left to Prince John. He knows both how and when to sell....as it is part of His Royal Inheritance. It is hoped it will provide Him with a new car, or down payment on his own Castle when the King and Queen have passed and He wishes to downsize.

And Royal Thanks for success in 2021, it looks like it will be sometime in March before KT's group will qualify for the vaccine in Arkansas, at least that is KT's interpretation of what state health officials have thus far announced.

The only thing that upset KT was that the states prison interees will get it before law abiding citizens. But after some consideration, K is no longer upset. His Majesty is not confined whereas they are. Most in prison are minor and non-violent offenders, but are hung in the system. Don't get KT wrong tho, do the crime, do the time. But you should not expect to die while doing the time.

Great numbers once again KT. I’m another that has no plans on selling. If silver is skyrocketing, it mean the dollar is in trouble. Unless I need the shiny metal during hard times, it will passed to my heirs.

Hey King, do you have your numbers backwards? It looks like it.
350 90%ers and 96 40%ers? Do you mean 350 40%ers and 96 90%ers?
DD

Since today is the last day of 2020, His Majesty felt it was fitting to give the Royal Totals for this year. This year was most unusual, of course, but in KT's instance it is divided into two separate groupings...CRH and when that ended, KT began to purchase from various sources.

So from January to March 13th, KT did His Normal Royal Routine...5 boxes of halves a week and during that time 55,000 halves were searched with the following recoveries: 90%ers - 37, 40%ers - 55, Proofs - 20, NIFCs - 240.

When that abruptly ended, KT started purchasing, mostly rolls, of halves. This lasted until August 11th, when suddenly silver roll prices on eBay shot up from an average of $150/roll to over $200/roll! This was simply a reflection of a sudden rise in the price of silver/ ounce. However, KT called it quits...and took up long gun camo painting as a hobby.

Anyway, the purchases of halves brought in 313 90%ers and 41 40%ers. Of these, 41 were Barbers! :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances:

So here is what went into the Royal Treasure Chest this year in silver:
350 90%ers and 96 40%ers.:gettinmoney::wincup:

Sorry no pictures in this summary as everyone knows what rolls of halves look like! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

DD

That end number includes the silver he purchased. The number found CRHing was earlier in the past.

Great numbers once again KT. I’m another that has no plans on selling. If silver is skyrocketing, it mean the dollar is in trouble. Unless I need the shiny metal during hard times, it will passed to my heirs.

KT values your opinion, amc rulz, and for you to agree with His Majesty just les Him know He is on the right track! Royal Thanks!

DD

No, KT means what he wrote, the final numbers includes both what He CRHed and what He purchased....which was almost all 90%ers. The numbers stand at 350 90%ers and 96 40%ers. But thanks for your comment, dumbdigger! :D:D

Great totals considering what's going on in the world, and switching techniques mid year was a wise decision! Hopefully you can get back at it this year.
Same here, my age group will supposedly get it in may or june and then hopefully life can get back to some semblance of normalcy...

Great totals considering what's going on in the world, and switching techniques mid year was a wise decision! Hopefully you can get back at it this year.
Same here, my age group will supposedly get it in may or june and then hopefully life can get back to some semblance of normalcy...

Yep, KT is looking forward to be in the vaccinated card carrying group! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just another card to carry in the already fat Royal Wallet! With the Royal driver's license, credit cards, membership cards, ad nauseum. Wonder if KT could just get an id tattooed on His Royal Forehead...that way when they check my temperature they would also get my full history! Of course this is a tease, especially when KT grew up in an era when you did not have to identify yourself because everyone already knew you!

They are talking about April here for the jab for my age group, but this morning our governor stated that he was considering making it available to everyone 70 or older on a priority basis, moving KT up to sometime in late February/early March. So who really knows??? Just waiting for Walgreens to call me to set up an appointment at this stage.

i see you are target shooting. no ammo here in Georgia except high priced odd stuff. not hardly a shotgun shell unless the same. no reloading supplies either to replenish. run on everything for months. no reload dies no bullets or casinsg and certainly no primers. a friend in the pawn shop weighed a piece of gold for scrap, then weighed the same weight out in primers, and by the piece he said the primers were worth more than they paid for the gold. last small pistol primers i saw were at gun show, only 1 dealer with a shoebox size case of 100ct packs. $25.00 a hundred. they were $4 bucks a hundred and $35 bucks a thousand bulk. he wanted $250 for the thousand he had. i got lucky and found two 100 count bags of Primed new 38 brass for 25 bucks each. that was a steal.

i see you are target shooting. no ammo here in Georgia except high priced odd stuff. not hardly a shotgun shell unless the same. no reloading supplies either to replenish. run on everything for months. no reload dies no bullets or casinsg and certainly no primers. a friend in the pawn shop weighed a piece of gold for scrap, then weighed the same weight out in primers, and by the piece he said the primers were worth more than they paid for the gold. last small pistol primers i saw were at gun show, only 1 dealer with a shoebox size case of 100ct packs. $25.00 a hundred. they were $4 bucks a hundred and $35 bucks a thousand bulk. he wanted $250 for the thousand he had. i got lucky and found two 100 count bags of Primed new 38 brass for 25 bucks each. that was a steal.

Yes, dixiedigger, it is also a pitiful situation here. If you want 12 gauge in 6s or higher numbers, you can buy all you want at most major box stores and Bass Pro, but want 16, 20, or 410 gauge...forget it. Or 12 gauge in 00 buck or slugs, no way. KT did see a lot of boxes of 28 gauge but WTH, who even shoots that gauge? Never seen a 28 gauge shot gun for sale! And pistol ammo, other than 22, forget it! Saw some 9mm and 45s at a pawn shop, but at the given price of $1.50 a round, they can keep it. Fortunately years ago KT was an active reloader and has ~ 1000 rounds each of both 45 and 38 laid back...presently I could sell those rounds for more than the price of the Ruger 45 semi auto and Ruger stainless double action .357 revolver His Majesty paid! Sure is goofy!

But once a week I check around, on the off chance I find something of interest. I have a friend who has a 40 cal pistol and I came across some just set out boxes of 40 cal and some 380, at reasonable prices at Bass Pro. KT Bought 3 boxes of 380 and called her and she managed to get 3 boxes of the 40 cal before it all flew off the shelf. Last 3 times KT visited Sports Authority, it was a waste of time.

Local gun shop has odd rifle calibers, but anything common, forget it!

same here King Totsalot. zero-- and a grocery buggy would hold all the bullets and shotgun shells in the whole area at stores. . the bullets all the oddballs...they have tried every concievable thing in the world for a bullet. i did score two boxes of No#6 high brass 20 ga for 11 bucks a box... kinda high. i had a wonderful friend send me some small pistol primers as i was going to start reloading under a good tutor, but now i cant even find dies and other components. its going to get rougher i am sure... i cant even find a powder throw nor triple beams.. so i might just buy a digital dope dealer scale i call them and just weigh out powder in a cup and funnel it in. i can load up a few 38s at least, i have those dies.

a local pawn shop put up a box of ammo for each gun they have to sell, and dont even have any ammo for the guns they just got in, and that was rifles and shotguns, odd expensive ones. . why buy a $700 dollar plus club? thats what they have without ammo. .

same here King Totsalot. zero-- and a grocery buggy would hold all the bullets and shotgun shells in the whole area at stores. . the bullets all the oddballs...they have tried every concievable thing in the world for a bullet. i did score two boxes of No#6 high brass 20 ga for 11 bucks a box... kinda high. i had a wonderful friend send me some small pistol primers as i was going to start reloading under a good tutor, but now i cant even find dies and other components. its going to get rougher i am sure... i cant even find a powder throw nor triple beams.. so i might just buy a digital dope dealer scale i call them and just weigh out powder in a cup and funnel it in. i can load up a few 38s at least, i have those dies.

a local pawn shop put up a box of ammo for each gun they have to sell, and dont even have any ammo for the guns they just got in, and that was rifles and shotguns, odd expensive ones. . why buy a $700 dollar plus club? thats what they have without ammo. .

A $700+ club is exactly it...same thing with a pistol and no ammo...KT can make a run down to Walmart and buy up a few 1000 marbles and learn to use one of those "bean flips"....much more useful than an empty handgun. Even a long pointy stick is better! :shock::p:p

This is exactly why KT has stuck with used 12 and 20 gauge shotguns and used .22LR rifles for camo painting. At least KT can find some ammo for them.

Back
Top Bottom