My 2020 MDing Wrap-up (Fourth Year Finds)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Last year started pretty well for me. In fact, I thought I might even have my best year; then several things came up that unfortunately prevented me from getting out as much as I hoped to, and I ended up having my lowest clad year. :( Still, it is always fun MDing with my brother and sister, and I was really excited to meet up for a quick hunt with my best friend Levi (Usa), while down in Missouri for his sister's wedding (I found the MO tax token while there). :D :cool3: Everything I found was using my Garrett Treasure Ace 300.

The first picture shows my clad: 102 coins totaling $5.74.

The second picture is of the 2 wheaties I found (1946-D, 1949-D), a Missouri sales tax token (from the 1930s), stainless men's ring, mushroomed bullet, $1000 Mexican Peso, a 10 ga. headstamp and 2 12 ga. headstamps.

Thank you for looking, happy hunting, & God bless! :mder:

P.S. Sorry this is sooo late. :( :lol:

2020 Clad (Resized).jpg

2019 Cool FInds (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
Every year is different and we all have things that get in the way of our hobby. You got out, had fun and found stuff. All that matters.

Hopefully you will have more fun this year.

I somehow like the way you organize yourself and your finds. They may not be gold and silver, but they are significant and reflect your hard work. Eventually when you find the right spot you might find a nice surprise or two. Something that has worked for me sometimes is to use old topo maps to find places that are kind of forgotten and overlooked by the modern Googlescope. I used to use a dedicated handheld sport GPS (not a cell phone) to enter coordinates from those old maps and then set out to find them. Even if I found no booty, I still found cool out-of-the-way places and had a ton of fun exploring them.

Try this app sometime:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlogis.northamerica.free

Every year is different and we all have things that get in the way of our hobby. You got out, had fun and found stuff. All that matters.

Hopefully you will have more fun this year.
I agree, Robert. And what an extra blessing I was able to spend the time with my family, too. :yes:

Well done!
Thank you, John. :D

At least ya got out some. Here's to more detecting time for ya in 2021! :mder:
Thank you, Huckleberry. :D

I somehow like the way you organize yourself and your finds. They may not be gold and silver, but they are significant and reflect your hard work. Eventually when you find the right spot you might find a nice surprise or two. Something that has worked for me sometimes is to use old topo maps to find places that are kind of forgotten and overlooked by the modern Googlescope. I used to use a dedicated handheld sport GPS (not a cell phone) to enter coordinates from those old maps and then set out to find them. Even if I found no booty, I still found cool out-of-the-way places and had a ton of fun exploring them.

Try this app sometime:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlogis.northamerica.free
Thank you for your reply, Metal Pig. I try to keep my finds well documented and keep track of my clad/old coins in spreadsheets, as well as updating my albums on the forum with my neat recoveries. :D

For finding old sites, I usually use Historic Aerials and Historic Map Works. I find the old map overlays to be extremely useful. I will look into the app you recommended. :good:

Nice work, Wolf-Dog! I, too, commend you for your organizational skills...and for actually doing a year-end report. Better late than never.
There's a lot more out there, so have a good '21!

Nice work! No doubt you'll have even more for 2021.

I enter my finds into a spreadsheet to keep track of what kind of coins I've found and where I found them. It's fun to look back and see how the totals change over the years.

Nice work, Wolf-Dog! I, too, commend you for your organizational skills...and for actually doing a year-end report. Better late than never.
There's a lot more out there, so have a good '21!
Thank you for the thoughtful reply, Blaise! :cool3:

Nice work! No doubt you'll have even more for 2021.

I enter my finds into a spreadsheet to keep track of what kind of coins I've found and where I found them. It's fun to look back and see how the totals change over the years.
Thank you, ScaredOfClowns. Yeppers, I like doing that, too. :D

Pesos and tax tokens love them! Keep up the good work have a great and safe summer.:goodjob:

I had fun detecting with you last year, as every year, Garrett. I love having you as my brother and constant detecting partner! Congrats on all of your finds, especially the two wheat cents! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom