Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 10-13-2020, 06:41 PM

Default Any west coasters heading to Connecticut?

Hello all. I am from Connecticut and would love a shot at “guiding” a west coast hunter to their quest of finding New England coppers. I’m not trying to sound cocky but I have been very successful in pulling big pennies out and would love to spread the wealth!

Old 10-13-2020, 07:38 PM

Just thought I’d add this: these were found on Sunday out door knocking with my dad. He found both and we are COVID safe
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Nice finds CT! I am not a West Coaster, but am a new hunter from Westchester, NY, and would be super excited to go hunting sometime.

Old 10-20-2020, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by CTpilgrim View post
Hello all. I am from Connecticut and would love a shot at “guiding” a west coast hunter to their quest of finding New England coppers. I’m not trying to sound cocky but I have been very successful in pulling big pennies out and would love to spread the wealth!
Hi, I'm from Washington State. Was thinking about taking a trip to the East Coast sometime next year. Would like to exchange contact info.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:44 AM
Elite Member

What an un-usual post ! Kind of like how the British hunters have welcomed USA tourists to come experience their potential .

Pity the poor west coast hunter who doesn't have sand-boxes brimming with British Roman coins, LC's, colonial coppers, etc.... ? We have utterly no hospitality to offer anyone. Unless you wanna come experience the thrill of endless S mint wheaties ?

I know we have a reputation for better odds at gold coins, but .... sheesk, even me, at 16 gold coins so far, PALES in comparison to the east coast guys who'll get 16 LC's and coppers in a single month. So it's not like something we can offer "guided tours " for that

PS: I hate, just hate your casual pix of "2 LC's" found "just last Sunday" pictures. Sick sick sick

Old 10-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Elite Member

Well, I have no desire to find a LC but since this is the case, I will probably find 16 of them at once since Murphy is in charge, You know Murphy's law thing? And it would be for Tom in CA most likely.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:45 AM

I’d love to join.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:23 PM

Would love to learn more about how to find coppers!! Please let me know if you’re interested in getting together in 2021! Thx!