• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big Onion

Lee1968

Elite Member
We have 2 garden boxes of onions in our garden. One we use from time to time, and the other we are just letting go to get the bottoms big. We decided to pick one of the big ones yesterday. It measures 39" from the bottom of the bulb to the tip! We counted today, and we have 31 more in the box, and they are all about the same size as this one. The rest of the garden is doing well, but the onions are growing like weeds! :laughing:

MyFiles.jpg

MyFiles1.jpg

Wow, neat, homegrown freshness sure beats store bought ! :thumbsup:

Do you call them green onions or Spring onions ?

Unless I am mistaken I think the terms are interchangeable.

I remember long ago being able to get green onion dip, much better than the french onion dip.

I also remember long ago having some chopped green onions cooked up in scrambled eggs.

.....of course I prefer fresh salad when it comes to salad vegetables !

Wow, neat, homegrown freshness sure beats store bought ! :thumbsup:

Do you call them green onions or Spring onions ?

Unless I am mistaken I think the terms are interchangeable.

I remember long ago being able to get green onion dip, much better than the french onion dip.

I also remember long ago having some chopped green onions cooked up in scrambled eggs.

.....of course I prefer fresh salad when it comes to salad vegetables !

We call them green onions. We freeze them after drying and chopping. Then put them in food as we cook it. Adds a little something. ;) I will also just eat the tops with dinner. Goes real good with fried chicken.

We call them green onions. We freeze them after drying and chopping. Then put them in food as we cook it. Adds a little something. ;) I will also just eat the tops with dinner. Goes real good with fried chicken.

Neat ideas, fresh stuff like that used like a "seasoning" sounds really good, and you avoid the extra sodium in some store bought seasonings.

Back
Top Bottom