The Ford Bronco is back finally.

sadly my hopes are not high, seems most new cars just lack quality in so many departments.

KT saw a video review on the new Bronco by Scottie Kilmer. He liked it, except for one thing...kinda crucial to its overall quality. Ford is putting the same transmission in it as in their half ton truck....real too weak for a real 4x4 setup. He stated that if they had put their Ford 250 tranny in it, them they would have done it right. Oh well. KT was not really interested in buying one anyway! :laughing::laughing:

Maverick is too...sort of...

It's cool to see Ford bringing back some retro models, even if they aren't quite what we remember them being. The one that caught my eye is the upcoming Ford Maverick. Not exactly a car this time! Small 4-door shortbed "pickup" with a price starting under $20 grand*. Hybrid 40mpg or justgas options. It's not a traditional truck -- it's not body-on-frame -- so it sort of IS a car. With Rangers starting around $25g, and F150s around $30g, this is an interesting addition.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...erick-compact-pickup-truck-first-look-review/

Attachments

• 2022-Ford-Maverick-First-Look-27.jpg
    2022-Ford-Maverick-First-Look-27.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 348
The maverick seems like a nice package and nice to see them bringing it out as a hybrid for the low starting price!

Ford should bring the Pinto back. lol

Seriously Ford has a style problem throughout their line.
And why did they get rid of original mustang for the mustang II back when? The was a genius move wasn’t it?
Stupid is what it was.

Ford seems is staying away from sleek design with their trucks. Look like rolling boxes to me.

I’ll stay with Toyota.

New body styles need to be eye catching.
And with the computer age today making various pics is easy.
Might not even be a bad idea to circulate what an auto manufacturer is considering looks wise to see how general public feels about the looks.
At least extend to past new customers who have bought new from same manufacturer.

Called reaching out and employing the two heads are better concept.
Let tech help you.

Besides this design whatever is selected might draw huge following prerelease of a cetain model.
May make these auto shows more boring though.

Cheers.

Detecting company could do the above too.
Might help them.
Lower chances of releasing a dud.

Secrecy can be a manufacturer’s worst enemy imo.

The maverick seems like a nice package and nice to see them bringing it out as a hybrid for the low starting price!

After I posted, I thought the same thing and did a quick search -- currently (2021 article) the lowest priced hybrid is the Honda Insight at $23,xxx. The base Maverick is even cheaper, but is also pretty stripped (no cruise control even) so maybe not a fair comparison. But the price is obviously quite low and competitive.

And why did they get rid of original mustang for the mustang II back when? The was a genius move wasn’t it?
Stupid is what it was.

Ford seems is staying away from sleek design with their trucks. Look like rolling boxes to me.

I’ll stay with Toyota.

New body styles need to be eye catching.
And with the computer age today making various pics is easy.
Might not even be a bad idea to circulate what an auto manufacturer is considering looks wise to see how general public feels about the looks.
At least extend to past new customers who have bought new from same manufacturer.

Called reaching out and employing the two heads are better concept.
Let tech help you.

Besides this design whatever is selected might draw huge following prerelease of a cetain model.
May make these auto shows more boring though.

Cheers.

Detecting company could do the above too.
Might help them.
Lower chances of releasing a dud.

Secrecy can be a manufacturer’s worst enemy imo.

I am with you, tnsharpshooter! Toyota Tacoma....all the way! The Chariot is a 2006 and KT is trying to wear it out with over 210,000 miles on it and still going strong! :lol::lol: If it lasts another 3 years, KT will have enough money saved up to buy one about 5 years old for cash! Will never buy a new vehicle again...when one drives it off the lot new, one loses several $1000 on the short drive home! HA HA

Stupid is what it was.

I’ll stay with Toyota.

I think they call the Pinto a Focus now. El cheapo daily driver.

I'm no historian, but I think the Mustang II was during the gas crisis, and building 12MPG V8 ponycars took a backseat to smaller, lighter "economy" cars getting 15-20MPG. I'm thankful they at least had the sense to call it a "Mustang II" not just Mustang. It upset the enthusiasts, but maybe it helped them get through the crunch, and trying to compete with compact Japanese offerings. EPA regs made the V8s anemic through that era too, so the Mustang was gelded anyway. Better lighter and underpowered than heavy and underpowered...

I don't really pay attention to trucks, so just compared images of Ford to Toyota and don't see that much difference. Both look ok to me.

I think they call the Pinto a Focus now. El cheapo daily driver.

I'm no historian, but I think the Mustang II was during the gas crisis, and building 12MPG V8 ponycars took a backseat to smaller, lighter "economy" cars getting 15-20MPG. I'm thankful they at least had the sense to call it a "Mustang II" not just Mustang. It upset the enthusiasts, but maybe it helped them get through the crunch, and trying to compete with compact Japanese offerings. EPA regs made the V8s anemic through that era too, so the Mustang was gelded anyway. Better lighter and underpowered than heavy and underpowered...

I don't really pay attention to trucks, so just compared images of Ford to Toyota and don't see that much difference. Both look ok to me.
Yes it was due to the gas crisis.

I’d go with a Toyota pickup if the styling wasn’t so horrible, so I bought a new Silverado. Easy on the eyes.

I’d go with a Toyota pickup if the styling wasn’t so horrible, so I bought a new Silverado. Easy on the eyes.

Sorry, amc rulz, KT would rather have one easy on repairs than easy on the eyes! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

And Metal Detecto, one word of advice on vehicles, do a lot of research and buy whatever you want to...used. Have an independent mechanic check out what you are considering...the actual vehicle...before you spend any hard earned cash on it! Your statement about in a few years you may want to buy one, is likely correct. A car or truck is a utilitarian vehicle to get you from A to B and back to A again. Do not be misled by so called style, etc., but by reliability. Nothing worse than being stuck on the side of the road in your stylish car or truck! :lol::lol::lol: Watch a few of Scottie Kilmer's videos on YouTube! And learn what makes a vehicle a good one vs. a pile of junk/endless money pit.

Sorry, amc rulz, KT would rather have one easy on repairs than easy on the eyes! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

And Metal Detecto, one word of advice on vehicles, do a lot of research and buy whatever you want to...used. Have an independent mechanic check out what you are considering...the actual vehicle...before you spend any hard earned cash on it! Your statement about in a few years you may want to buy one, is likely correct. A car or truck is a utilitarian vehicle to get you from A to B and back to A again. Do not be misled by so called style, etc., but by reliability. Nothing worse than being stuck on the side of the road in your stylish car or truck! :lol::lol::lol: Watch a few of Scottie Kilmer's videos on YouTube! And learn what makes a vehicle a good one vs. a pile of junk/endless money pit.
I hear you KT! No worries about repairs here, my truck won’t cost me anything but gas, tires and routine maintenance over the next ten years, guaranteed (that’s how I set it up with the dealer lol) for a very reasonable price. With all the expensive electronics involved in new vehicles today I feel it’s peace of mind.

Toyota builds some bulletproof trucks and I am sure they will continue to do the same. Although the maverick will not quite be the same, unibody truck vs body on frame like a Toyota, but offering a hybrid truck under 20,000 smackers I'm sure the maverick will be a good product for Ford.

Bronco vs. Bronco Sport

This video shows what the new Bronco can do off road. I am impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYHxRJOqWE

Very cool video! I'm pretty sure this is the top end model ($50k+) and nicely integrates current technologies with the features the hardcore offroaders have been DIYing for years. It seems like Ford really listened to what they want. Haven't ever gotten the bug myself, but have always been fascinated by the modifications they do to can turn a run of the mill explorer into a lifted, articulated suspension, low-geared go almost anywhere machine.

I was confused why now all the hoopla about the Bronco -- I've seen them on the road so what's the big deal? The Bronco "Sport" has been on the road. It is smaller than this actual Bronco, more car-like underneath, it's a 4x4, but less off-roady than the full sized Bronco, which is the real deal. Ford's got some cool stuff right now. If they'd just rename that gawd awful "Mustang Mach-e" something else. It is *not* a Mustang.

Toyota builds some nice trucks. But they are like the Ford F-150. Priced well out of my budget. Even well used they are far too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom