couple of things...at last.

Brewser

Was out a few nights ago and hitting nothing but junk.
But then 3 quick finds in a row.
1 quite obvious.
The other 2 not sure about, maybe 1 is a belt end or shoe buckle.
The other decorated item is quite interesting, it appears to have a stone or something similar set in the centre, maybe a depiction of the sun with the moon either side ??
Doug or Pete may have an idea.
Both items small.

Attachments

• broach1.jpg
    broach1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 215
  • broach2.jpg
    broach2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 214
  • together.jpg
    together.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 211
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 209
  • trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 218
The bottom picture middle item looks like a hair Barrett maybe? Old ones are made of heavy metal,not sure on the other item tho,,but it looks like a leather cinch of some sort.. Nice finds,Congrats

Thanks Woodbutcher, looking online the hair barrett is quite a posibility, the back is flat but a small raised point at one end that a pin or such like could of been attached to.

Thanks digger, its quite a small piece, i used an app to try and identify and the pics that come up were all handles, this piece is way smaller so i was thinking broach, hair clasp or such like.

Was out a few nights ago and hitting nothing but junk.
But then 3 quick finds in a row.
1 quite obvious.
The other 2 not sure about, maybe 1 is a belt end or shoe buckle.
The other decorated item is quite interesting, it appears to have a stone or something similar set in the centre, maybe a depiction of the sun with the moon either side ??
Doug or Pete may have an idea.
Both items small.

Morning from a very sunny and hot Somerset.

The item with the 'stone' in the middle, no fixing points suggests it was stuck to something, if there is remains of one fixing point suggests it may have had pin?

Other than that not really sure.

Thanks Doug, looks like it was stuck to something. I cleaned up a bit more but no real evidence of any fixing points on underside. Thanks.

Attachments

• reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 98
  • fixing.jpg
    fixing.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom