Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not needed.... We have another solution and if members who don't like certain posts then they should not respond to them... its really that easy...

Ignoring members or blocking their posts sort of works. Until someone throws up their post in a quote. I figure the best way is to ignore the forum. Watching a certain member copy and paste to just rack up post numbers or feel a sense of importance has become more than sickening. It has become a chore of mental concentration to avoid it. Something that I (just speaking for myself) just don't need. In the grand scheme of things it is trivial in my life. But then detecting itself has become less important. So that is where I am at. There are certainly many on this forum that I havelearned from and respect. Their knowledge and worth ethic are awesome. Good luck to them. Now back to the pimping....

Ignoring members or blocking their posts sort of works. Until someone throws up their post in a quote. I figure the best way is to ignore the forum. Watching a certain member copy and paste to just rack up post numbers or feel a sense of importance has become more than sickening. It has become a chore of mental concentration to avoid it. Something that I (just speaking for myself) just don't need. In the grand scheme of things it is trivial in my life. But then detecting itself has become less important. So that is where I am at. There are certainly many on this forum that I havelearned from and respect. Their knowledge and worth ethic are awesome. Good luck to them. Now back to the pimping....

We are in discussions with forum owners... we will figure this out... in meantime I moved that thread to members links and will continue to if they appear... as to other sub forums I don't read same old, same old over and over again posts... out of sight, out of mind.

creating more sub-forums is not a solution. A single catch all "beach" is fine. The minute you start making sub-niche types , is when you get forums with page after page with little traffic. Because people don't tend to click on a bunch of different sections, to find a topic that interests them. They will tend to check a couple of headings only. And then some niche sections end up getting little traffic (even though they might be very cool finds, or good topics).

Just scroll down the titles and see what title, or person's-name who posted, and then decide from that what interests you.

creating more sub-forums is not a solution. A single catch all "beach" is fine. The minute you start making sub-niche types , is when you get forums with page after page with little traffic. Because people don't tend to click on a bunch of different sections, to find a topic that interests them. They will tend to check a couple of headings only. And then some niche sections end up getting little traffic (even though they might be very cool finds, or good topics).

Just scroll down the titles and see what title, or person's-name who posted, and then decide from that what interests you.

Be good to have a back yard tester subforum. One person on here would have the forum locked up from overheating issues. Testing a dog log that was imbedded with a sub gram gold nugget being pushed by a dung beetle and scanned with a Deus ll does not help in typical detecting situations IMO!

Be good to have a back yard tester subforum. One person on here would have the forum locked up from overheating issues. Testing a dog log that was imbedded with a sub gram gold nugget being pushed by a dung beetle and scanned with a Deus ll does not help in typical detecting situations IMO!

Larry.. when another detector company comes out with a detector possibly better than the D2 what do you think is going to happen?

Its gonna start all over again all over the forums and facebook or whatever venue people post on...

I get where you are coming from when I saw the steel wool post... so ignore them... no one deals with steel wool so why get hyped up over it...

Just tells me someone has too much time on their hands to think up obscure scenarios... if one doesn't respond then the post dies.

Larry.. when another detector company comes out with a detector possibly better than the D2 what do you think is going to happen?

Its gonna start all over again all over the forums and facebook or whatever venue people post on...

I get where you are coming from when I saw the steel wool post... so ignore them... no one deals with steel wool so why get hyped up over it...

Just tells me someone has too much time on their hands to think up obscure scenarios... if one doesn't respond then the post dies.

It's more their blatant posts in the beach section just to rattle people. I think it's the carry over from revenge for white coat getting the boot from here. Think those two are on the phone laughing with each other? I do! Unfortunately i think it's killing the forum. Actually thinking about logging out myself. I got thick skin but i hate having to banter back and forth with a fool. All it does is make me also look like a fool. Maybe if you got with the owners and could give any violator a warning to stay off a section they are a pot stirrer? They don't heed the warning they can troll elsewhere! One thing is for sure is a lot of the good hunters already died. Stress is for sure bad for your health. Not something old farts need!

It's more their blatant posts in the beach section just to rattle people. I think it's the carry over from revenge for white coat getting the boot from here. Think those two are on the phone laughing with each other? I do! Unfortunately i think it's killing the forum. Actually thinking about logging out myself. I got thick skin but i hate having to banter back and forth with a fool. All it does is make me also look like a fool. Maybe if you got with the owners and could give any violator a warning to stay off a section they are a pot stirrer? They don't heed the warning they can troll elsewhere! One thing is for sure is a lot of the good hunters already died. Stress is for sure bad for your health. Not something old farts need!

I moved that thread to members links... its in the youtube video thread... if they show up again they will go to same destination.

Cfm-ct reply

Your thinking negative , FRESH WATER & SALT WATER hunting , are completely different , Black sand, tides , ATpro - fresh water machines vs Excaliburs , different detectors used , you have a Prospecting forum , I can go on & on , major differences , I think you all see it as Sub Forums , in my opinion I see it as hunters gathering & sharing posts , hunts , pertaining to SALT water hunting , not fresh , problem with both together , they clash , not a difficult thing to do , unless the administration likes :ohthedrama: , lived through the Equinox hype threads TRUE , but this year is different , I sure don't think you want me to go into that here , you know :( Land hunters go to the dirt forum & post most of the time , just like FRESH water hunters will go to post , outside the box , when you have dirt / fresh water hunters posting on here , sales pitching machines that don't Salt beach water hunt , don't know what machines best , that we know what works , friends of members that have been band , who hold a grudge , causes conflicting non stop drama , :imo::my2cents: , and by the way , don't take it out on me , more than a dozen Beach Water forum have been complaining for months , nothing happened , except , after 12 years of posting , I , Larry , & even you can't post out pets on this forum , fine , pushed to another forum , administrations decision , along with the owners , however a more important decision-- you let - ride our a--- continue , easy fix if I was the BOSS , PS don't take this out on members that been here Craig , we don't need more drama , JUST A FIX , I posted this thread , as from the cry out, of over a dozen member's , including Goodmore that said he might depart , I like him , and 100 % can understand his disapointment , we are not administrators , nor owners , we can't fix this , we depend on you all , we all don't want the drama , just a return to the place we enjoy on friendly , peaceful forum :friends::wish:

Your thinking negative , FRESH WATER & SALT WATER hunting , are completely different , Black sand, tides , ATpro - fresh water machines vs Excaliburs , different detectors used , you have a Prospecting forum , I can go on & on , major differences , I think you all see it as Sub Forums , in my opinion I see it as hunters gathering & sharing posts , hunts , pertaining to SALT water hunting , not fresh , problem with both together , they clash , not a difficult thing to do , unless the administration likes :ohthedrama: , lived through the Equinox hype threads TRUE , but this year is different , I sure don't think you want me to go into that here , you know :( Land hunters go to the dirt forum & post most of the time , just like FRESH water hunters will go to post , outside the box , when you have dirt / fresh water hunters posting on here , sales pitching machines that don't Salt beach water hunt , don't know what machines best , that we know what works , friends of members that have been band , who hold a grudge , causes conflicting non stop drama , :imo::my2cents: , and by the way , don't take it out on me , more than a dozon Beach Water forum have been complaining for months , nothing happened , except , after 12 years of posting , I , Larry , & even you can't post out pets on this forum , fine , pushed to another forum , administrations decision , along with the owners , however a more important decision you let the ride our a--- continue , easy fix if I was the BOSS , PS don't take this out on members that been here Craig , we don't need more drama , JUST A FIX , I posted this thread , as from the cry of over a dozon member's , including Goodmore that said he might depart , I like him , and 100 % can understand his disapointment , we are not administrators , nor owners , we can't fix this , we depend on you all , we all don't want the drama , just a return to the place we enjoy on friendly , peaceful forum :friends::wish:

So members that hunt in Utah where they have an abundance of black sand can't post in the beach forum?

We will not have a sub forum for salt and one for fresh water...

We have taken care of one issue for now...

Utah

Question , do they - have SALT Water , or SALT BEACHES , I think they do , can't remember when I visited , remember old faithful , if that was UTAH , i was only, 8 YEARS OLD , don't want to debate here , we know you are hard headed & old school , it's a loosing battle :yes: , again this thread was posted for a solution , to a problem , not a fuel to the fire thread , that only administration can fix , HOWBOUGHIT :wow: ( We have taken care of one issue for now...
__________________ OK , I wasn't asking for a SUB FORUM , just NAME FORUM CHANGE , to let members know they are posting on a SALT BEACH & SALT WATER FORUM , NOT FRESH :roll: THREAD HEADER -- Two different forums ( Salt Beach & Salt Water hunting)-------,( Fresh Water Stream , Lake , & River hunting )-----
__________________ NOT SUB FORUMS , just different , non conflicting , friendly ! ( forum for salt and one for fresh water... ) :yes: Your the best Boss :thumbsup: PERFECT EXAMPLE WHY NEEDED , 5 threads down posted by Mamawberger , newbee with two posts , if you had a Fresh Water Stream , Lake & River hunting forum , Her Atpro headphone :?: , river / stream questions could have been answered there , because , I have- no clue on ATpro- fresh water machines , stream , lake , or river hunting , Im a SALT BEACH / SALT WATER hunter , just a thought , this would also - direct newbees to the correct place to post , to find out information, which is an issue also , not all the time , but happens ! .:yes:

Last edited:
Your thinking negative , FRESH WATER & SALT WATER hunting , are completely different ....

Surf-Master, what you are saying can likewise be said about a MYRIAD of topics. For example: We should have a separate forum for show & tell of coins that are from the 1800s, versus coins that are from the 1900s. Because : The dates are *completely different*.

We should have a different forum cleaning copper coins, than cleaning silver coins. Since : Silver and copper are completely different.

And so forth till infinity. And what you end up with is : A bunch of forums and clutter that no one reads. Let people scan down the list of posts, and click on what interests them.

Tom in ca.

Coins are a different topic , not a solution to the problem Cmon Tom :laughing: :off-topic::sorry: If I had kids , to bring this example up -- I send them back to there desk , to do better :roll: , I know you well always back the boss , this is not a battle with the administration , at ease bro ., it's a idea to a solution to a problem , so far Craig SAID , it's taken care of for now , LETS SEE HOW THAT WORKS , :p ( coins that are from the 1800s, versus coins that are from the 1900s. Because : The dates are *completely different*. ) :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:sarcastic::snapoutofit:

Question , do they - have SALT Water , or SALT BEACHES , I think they do , can't remember when I visited , remember old faithful , if that was UTAH , i was only, 8 YEARS OLD , don't want to debate here , we know you are hard headed & old school , it's a loosing battle :yes: , again this thread was posted for a solution , to a problem , not a fuel to the fire thread , that only administration can fix , HOWBOUGHIT :wow: ( We have taken care of one issue for now...
__________________ OK , I wasn't asking for a SUB FORUM , just NAME FORUM CHANGE , to let members know they are posting on a SALT BEACH & SALT WATER FORUM , NOT FRESH :roll: THREAD HEADER -- Two different forums ( Salt Beach & Salt Water hunting)-------,( Fresh Water Stream , Lake , & River hunting )-----
__________________ NOT SUB FORUMS , just different , non conflicting , friendly ! ( forum for salt and one for fresh water... ) :yes: Your the best Boss :thumbsup: PERFECT EXAMPLE WHY NEEDED , 5 threads down posted by Mamawberger , newbee with two posts , if you had a Fresh Water Stream , Lake & River hunting forum , Her Atpro headphone :?: , river / stream questions could have been answered there , because , I have- no clue on ATpro- fresh water machines , stream , lake , or river hunting , Im a SALT BEACH / SALT WATER hunter , just a thought , this would also - direct newbees to the correct place to post , to find out information, which is an issue also , not all the time , but happens ! .:yes:

You crack me up Earl... 16 years there has not been an issue whether someone hunts fresh or salt water and posted in the beach section... where is the problem you deem it an issue?

We will handle the the issues here and we have already started to... we don't make announcements to how we moderate...

One more thing we do not have a dedicated prospecting forum its Gold prospecting, cache hunting, shipwrecks and hoards..

Water is water.. fresh, salt or brackish....

Many good opinions on what to do here. I have felt like walking the plank off here lately too. I used to come on here and actually learn something new or different. See some finds. Not so much anymore. And then I turn into a bitter , angry KOB. That's not me. I prefer the more compassionate KOB like my Remember Scuba post. Or showing a find. Giving someone a pointer who may use it. Ok...here's a silly thread idea :

A thread where only respected , hardcore hunters (past&present) are only allowed. Voted in and invited by at least 3 existing members. Access by a secret handshake. Banned if they divulge the code. Almost like an entirely different forum where things are discussed a bit more seriously. Backed by evidence , not what ifs.

Not needed.... We have another solution and if members who don't like certain posts then they should not respond to them... its really that easy...

I am on board for some people finding self discipline and staying in thier lanes of expertise.

Cfm-ct

( Water is water.. fresh, salt or brackish.... ) Brackish is SALT , WEST coast of Florida is Brackish .

The main difference between Salt Water and Fresh Water is that the saltwater is mainly present in the oceans and seas, and the salinity of the water is very high, which is unfit for human consumption while in contrast, freshwater is mainly present in the rivers, lakes, wells, streams, ponds, etc. and the salinity of the water is lower than 1% and is fit for human consumption.

Salt Water vs Fresh Water
Salt Water is defined as the water present in the oceans and seas with a greater percentage of salt, minerals in them. Because of the high levels of salinity, it is not safe for drinking or any other purposes for humans. Saltwater is considered to have much more density. Some examples of fishes living in saltwater are – sharks, tuna, yellowtail, bluefish, albacore, common dolphins, eels, etc.

Fresh Water is defined as water that has a composition of salt less than 1% in it and is colorless, tasteless, odorless. The freshwater sources available to humans are lakes, streams, ponds, wells, etc. The water collected from the rain is also a source of freshwater. The freshwater is present on the earth in very little quantity and must be used efficiently. Some examples of freshwater fishes are – catfish, cisco, sunfish, etc.

Comparison Table Between Salt Water and Fresh Water
Parameters of Comparison Salt Water Fresh Water
Definition Water with high salt and mineral content. Water with less than 1% salt content and is without any odor, color, and taste.
Sources Sea and Oceans Lakes, Ponds, Streams, etc.
Density High density Low density
Freezing Point -2 °C 0 °C
Examples of Fishes Marlin, mackerel, snapper, cod, butterfish, etc. Salmon, pike, trout, catfish, charr, etc.
What is Salt Water?
Saltwater is also known as saline water this is so because of the presence of high amounts of salt present in it. Saline water is generally present in the oceans and sea. As the earth is covered by 97% of water and the majority is of seas and oceans thus ultimately, the percentage of availability of saltwater is more.

The salinity of the saltwater is measured by different scientists, and the result of it they concluded that per liter of saltwater (seawater) contains about 35 grams of salt. It is measured in parts per thousands (ppt), thus meaning 35 ppt.

Scientists have studied properties of saline or saltwater in which one of them is about their boiling and freezing point, which is both different than freshwater. As the main concern is related to the freezing point of the saltwater thus, it is lower than -2 C and may be lower than that. This is because of the presence of salt content in the water.

There is another property concerned with it that is the tonicity of the water, which is something related to the concept of osmosis. The water moves through a semi-permeable membrane to the side where is a high solute concentration to make even the solution. Therefore, saltwater is a hypertonic solution and has to be consumed frequently to absorb water and eliminate salts by the organisms living there.

What is Fresh Water?
Freshwater is defined as the water that has a low salt concentration in it along with that it does not have any taste, odor, or color. The sources of freshwater can be divided into two types – the standing reservoirs like ponds, lakes, inland wetlands, and floating reservoirs like rivers, streams, etc.

The percentage of the freshwater available on the earth is very limited and is about 3%, of which almost 1% is available to humans as the rest is preserved as ice caps and glaciers. The organisms which cannot live in the extreme hot or extreme cold are found in freshwater. Some of the examples of fish living in freshwater are – Salmon, pike, trout, catfish, char, cisco, sunfish, etc.

The density of fresh water is about 1 g/mL, which is less than that of saltwater. Scientists have studied various properties of freshwater, and thus, tonicity is one of them. The organism whose habitat is freshwater uses the phenomenon of osmoregulation which is, to be precise, is a process where absorbs water and frequently excrete it out from their body to even the salt concentration.

Main Differences Between Salt Water and Fresh Water
Saltwater is said to be the water with a high content of salts and minerals in it, whereas freshwater contains salts and minerals in less than 1%.
The main source of saltwater is oceans and seas, while the main source of freshwater is lakes, ponds, rivers, streams, etc.
The density of saltwater (or saline water) is quite high and measures about 1.025 gram/mL, while the density of freshwater is equal to 1 g/mL.
The freezing point of the saltwater (or saline water) is around –2 °C, while the freezing point for freshwater is about 0 °C.
Examples of fishes living in saltwater are – Marlin, mackerel, snapper, albacore, shark, tuna, yellowtail, etc., while some examples of fishes living in freshwater are – catfish, cisco, sunfish, salmon, pike, char, etc.
Conclusion
Water exists in three major forms, which are known to everyone solid, liquid, and gases. It is available on the earth in all three possible forms. Water covering about 71% of all the earth’s surface, in which the majority of the water type is held by the oceans and seas for about 97%, and the remaining 3% is freshwater.

The 3% of the freshwater is also further divided based on the presence of sources of it. The majority of the freshwater is reserved in frozen glaciers and ice caps, along with some of it present as surface water or groundwater or some other sources.

Saltwater is highly mineralized with salts present in it, while freshwater rarely contains it. Saltwater is denser compared to freshwater, and also, it is unfit for human consumption, which may cause severe complications. Unlike freshwater :shock::D

Last edited:
( Water is water.. fresh, salt or brackish.... ) Brackish is SALT , WEST coast of Florida is Brackish , Fresh water , no Salt :D

What ???? My experience has always been brackish is both salt and fresh. Salt bays here are oily , decomposing garbage. Fresh streams and lake shores have decomposing leaves , etc. Both can be heavily brackish along with the associated minerals....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom