Nokta Makro Legend feedback, use, comparisons, etc

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
My unit should arrive today. Will share data using this unit.
Other folks feel free to share your data. Ask questions,,etc.

Here’s link to manual V1.08.
https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-content/file-download/the-legend/the-legend-user-manual-en.pdf

I have reviewed manual.
I already see some thing that I think should be changed (made better) in manual.

See page 3 of manual. Notice how items (icons) 1-11 are broken out with titles and lines used to connect icon (location) to actual title.

Item 13 is not broke out. Until you go to page 6.
Be better if item #13 icons were broken out with titles in pic on page 4. Or change current page 3 to 3a and add page 3b. With page 3b showing breakout of items labeled item 12 on current page 3.

Or at the very least where icons are broken out by title on page 6, have the actual icons displayed in pic of detector - currently they are not - - (maybe use exploded view of bottom portion only of detector so larger icons can be seen). Use lines like how are used on page 3 linking the titles to the actual individual icon with corrected detector screen pic(pic of screen showing these icons in their respective locations).

Keeping the screen icons titles and their respective locations closer together location wise in manual I think would be helpful.

Last edited:
Video
Here’s box opening done just a few minutes ago.
Lot of stuff for loot paid here folks imo.
More to come soon.
A pulse diver pointer came in packages. Pic shown.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97C_H8gy3B0

Looks like to with all I got if I were new to detecting what I received a person is off to the races detecting. Person might get a shovel though..for deeper digging or digging in real hard or dry ground.

So I will be catering some at least of what I show and say to the beginner detectorist or someone thinking about getting into detecting. And not break the bank!! By doing.

Attachments

• 555FFAF3-6B42-472A-A206-5D520498AA58.jpg
    555FFAF3-6B42-472A-A206-5D520498AA58.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
Not a bad showing of what to expect with the bonus package. Good deal. I'm still on the fence.

Alright.
Finally got detector updated to V 1.08. What a pain. Only took me 3.5 hours. Had to go in to usb power management and make changes.
Anyways.
I did ID checks with version 1.05. This is version my unit came with.
I checked Nickel elevated above ground. Checked in field multi 1 and 2 as well as single freq ops. Dialing GB to zero and then to 70 and sweeping elevated nickel. No defects noted.
Dead ID 26 across the board.
After finally getting 1.08 loaded up. Dark outside. Still went and did same test I did using 1.05 version.
Version 1.08 acts Differently. Tested only with field multi 1 and 2. Nickel Reads lower as ground number is advanced upwards. At 70 GB in window I saw 22/23 ID on nickel.
Single freq ops checked except for 4 kHz and ID 26 on all.
I used small coil for test.

Will show video tomorrow. Have to shoot second half using 1.08 version.

Alright.
Finally got detector updated to V 1.08. What a pain. Only took me 3.5 hours. Had to go in to usb power management and make changes.

Wait, what?

You're talking about the stupid Windows "USB suspend" setting, right? If so, it's the same setting that I suggested Steve disable, and that got the update installed for him. You replied to all that with "good work", yet you somehow seem to have forgotten about that setting????

Wait, what?

You're talking about the stupid Windows "USB suspend" setting, right? If so, it's the same setting that I suggested Steve disable, and that got the update installed for him. You replied to all that with "good work", yet you somehow seem to have forgotten about that setting????

No I actually did suspend USB roots. Problem was the first USB listing in device manager. It’s not labeled as a root. And I didn’t even look at. Back tracking I found that and presto.

Btw my computer gives no USB listing like you stated to solve the other gent’s problem. That’s what took so long. Even some folks on internet did videos showing windows 11 has USB listed. Mine don’t. Someone else was pulling their hair out on this issue too (not Legend related). And the gent answered the person and thisnis what clued me in. Still though he was saying disabled usb roots. I had to disable USB listing but word root missing.

The f--k? Where did I say anything like that?

I went to the thread first off. And read your instructions. Only thing my computer don’t Give the things you said to adjust in the place you stated.
Again why it took me so long.
You seem to be I implying since it took me so long I am a da.
Maybe I am maybe I ain’t.
I figured it out finally. And I am glad.
Not bad for old timer who has had zero formal computer training.

Here’s pic below of my laptop with windows 11 installed. Notice no listing for USB. And there are videos on internet that says windows 11 does have USB listing here where I am showing in pic. Mine don’t. For whatever reason.

Attachments

• 74F00D99-FF2A-47FB-86E9-8BB075D08FB6.jpg
    74F00D99-FF2A-47FB-86E9-8BB075D08FB6.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:
TN,you gotta update your signature also,not just the legend.. Good machine you got there, makro/Nokta did a excellent job on the R&D,, v1.08 just put the icing on the cake

Your power options are set to Balanced. That's probably why the USB power options aren't showing. Microsoft keeps changing !!!! around to make it look like they're doing something.

Anyway, credit for where credit is due. Good job TSS :)

That depends on if you want to reset just one user profile or all of them.

The instructions for resetting all of them to factory default are the last instructions on the page in the lower right. It definitely took me a couple of tries before I stopped being stupid and did exactly what the instructions said and showed in the screen shots for doing the FD reset.

That depends on if you want to reset just one user profile or all of them.

The instructions for resetting all of them to factory default are the last instructions on the page in the lower right. It definitely took me a couple of tries before I stopped being stupid and did exactly what the instructions said and showed in the screen shots for doing the FD reset.

I want to do full reset (guess this is what Nokta’s instructions are to do after updating to version 1.08.

This Legend crash course is fun. Just don’t want to give bad info.

My sincere apologies to History Teacher.

I had a chance to redo the nickel test this evening and I realized that my ground’s ground balance numbers were not different enough from zero to show this nickel issue. Like you tnsharpshooter, I experienced the same lowering of nickel target IDs using the Legend’s multi modes from 25/26 to 23 when raising the ground balance to around 40 and up. Single frequency did not seem to be effected except for 40 kHz which seems to slightly raise the target ID on nickels to 26 no matter whether ground balance is 0 or 40+.

I also tested a clad dime, Indian head penny, .22 short fired lead bullet, and a .25 gram gold nugget The only target that had a similar change in target ID to the nickel was the .22 short lead bullet which changed from 21 to 19 when raising ground balance from 0 to 40.

The .25 gram gold nugget was an important test for me personally since this target reads 11 (right on the iron tone break in Field). I used Field and Gold modes in their multi settings and the 11 target ID did not change when raising the ground balance from 0 to 40+.

Thanks for your testing and for History Teacher reporting this oddity with targets in the nickel range.

I will do video in the morning. Version 1.05 will be shown first then I Will show detector with v1.08 without FD. Then do FD and show again.
Anyone who chooses can send the link of video to manufacturer if they want to.
Ground is out of play really in video. Just changing GB manually causes difference vs looking at V1.05 behavior.

Now granted when a person does actual GB, the actual GB phase gotten will/can drive how much ID error gotten.

Back
Top Bottom