What do you think about this shove/digger? Whats your favorite?

ManInTheWaLL

Banned
Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 mil
I bought this, seems to work good. Anything better out there?

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 445
MITA

The general section is for new members to post something about themselves..

Please post these types of thread where they belong..

Cemetery topic belongs in Permission section

We can't have 1 or two members filling up a section on the forum...

I bought this, seems to work good. Anything better out there?

I use the exact same digger and love it. I almost always dig while kneeling so this works perfect! I really have no need for a hand digger now as this will do everything including cutting through tough roots.

Thats what I thought, it looked nice, thats why I bought it. Just suprised more in the MD hobby are not using it.

Depending on how much you dig or how tough your ground is, a lot of detercorists destroy shovels like you pictured very quickly. For instance in my area its very tough ground and I went through several hardware store shovels, and ever a couple of the name brand detecting shovels. The only shovel I have not broken is the one I own from predator tools. They are among the best shovels out there in my mind.

Does the trick for me. I also carry my Lesche hand trowel for close up work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on how much you dig or how tough your ground is, a lot of detercorists destroy shovels like you pictured very quickly. For instance in my area its very tough ground and I went through several hardware store shovels, and ever a couple of the name brand detecting shovels. The only shovel I have not broken is the one I own from predator tools. They are among the best shovels out there in my mind.

I'm 275 lbs, and a power lifter.... how do older gentlemen break any shovel?

Anything this thing can't handle you need a digging bar!.

I think this shovel was rather expensive, got it online.

When I hit rocks I just walk away to a new location. I actually use my little hand digger, hardly ever use this

I would like to see one of the predators in person.

I'm 275 lbs, and a power lifter.... how do older gentlemen break any shovel?

Anything this thing can't handle you need a digging bar!.

I think this shovel was rather expensive, got it online.

When I hit rocks I just walk away to a new location. I actually use my little hand digger, hardly ever use this

I would like to see one of the predators in person.

And I am a 160 lb string bean with long monkey arms and slowly developing a gut like an grey alien. though not sure why body type would matter much except making sure you have a comfortable length for the height. Also I'm only in my 30s...not an old man?(at least I don't think i am yet :laughing:) We got rocks and clay and all sorts of hard ground. Often I am out at old cellar holes deep in the woods, rarely on turf. Someone long ago taught me leverage, with my long arms and legs I abuse it. That and when I used to get out detecting more often than I am able now, I used to dig at least 100 holes each outing(usually went for 4-8 hours at a time.) Like I said it depends on your hunting and ground conditions.

The Nemesis by Gravedigger tools. They have different lengths and handle options. I went with a longer shovel to avoid slouching over with my troubled lower back. I also believe in supporting the little guys in the industry.

I have the Root Slayer Nomad which I use for my garden but if I'm planning on going somewhere to detect that I know the ground is going to be hard and rocky I will bring it with me. It's a bit too heavy to carry around so I stab it in the ground and it makes a nice stand for my detector while I'm digging up potential pirate treasure with my hand shovel.

I got my hand shovel from Amazon. I don't remember the brand but it's that green one with the orange handle that they're always pushing to the top of their best seller list. It too was originally purchased for my garden and repurposed because it has a sheath to carry it in that straps to my waist bag. It's a pretty tough shovel and after sharpening the blade edge it's works quite well. I don't know what the green coating is but it's thick because I've scratched it up a lot and only one scratch goes down to bare metal. The tip is surprisingly tough too. I have yet to bend it and it's hit a lot of rocks. It's great for my flower boxes too which was its original purpose for me when I bought it. I'm as blind as a bat so the bright orange handle makes it easier for me to find when I misplace it.

Back
Top Bottom