• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My Deus 2 feedback and commentary, comparison videos, videos, pics

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Last edited:
Nice vids TNSS. Did yours get shipped from a US dealer or is that a loaner? Sure am looking forward to mine arriving.

I bought my unit. Shipped from abroad. Person at Xp had been looking around internet it seems and contacted me to see I was interested in buying unit. They noticed I had posted lot of stuff about Deus 1 on forums and other competitors units. So they contacted me to see if I was interested. I said yes. Couldn’t believe how fast this thing got from where it come from to my house. Thought they may have put it on a Concorde Aircraft (they no longer used) and brought. Lol. Unbelievable.

I had contacted sponsor here actually few weeks ago inquiring. They had no idea of when units would start appearing in larger numbers, oneszies and twozies was what they said.

I lucked out really.

Btw,
Had this happen once previously where a manufacturer reached my out to me to actually be a tester of a prerelease model detector. And I still to this day don’t know how or why they contacted me. I have my suspicions. I figure someone recommended me to them. But just speculation. This model unit still in testing phase and not released to public. This particular unit, actually 2, the second being little different than the first. I didn’t pay for these.
And if I get to eventually show and talk about this unit. I will state up front how I came to bear with the unit. I may not get to show or talk about though. I don’t know. As this is first prerelease model I have ever tested. So strange territory for me. We’ll see.

Cheers.

PS
If the wife knew I bought new detector and spent what I did. She would be MADD.
So mums the word.

Last edited:
I was just doing the same thing with some cardboard boxes testing out a new coil. One thing I like to do is put a smaller box under the larger box, and that way I can do things like move a trash target around on top of the bigger box while I have a coin a few inches (or whatever) underneath on top of the smaller box. Or, vice versa. I'll also use a piece of Styrofoam to hold the targets at different angles.

I was just doing the same thing with some cardboard boxes testing out a new coil. One thing I like to do is put a smaller box under the larger box, and that way I can do things like move a trash target around on top of the bigger box while I have a coin a few inches (or whatever) underneath on top of the smaller box. Or, vice versa. I'll also use a piece of Styrofoam to hold the targets at different angles.

Good suggestions.

Where in Ky do you live ?

I'm surprised they sent out so many free units to stir up demand when the demand far exceeds what will be even supplied the next 6 months already. Will create a lot of frustration on the wait for sure.

I bought my unit. Shipped from abroad. Person at Xp had been looking around internet it seems and contacted me to see I was interested in buying unit. They noticed I had posted lot of stuff about Deus 1 on forums and other competitors units. So they contacted me to see if I was interested. I said yes. Couldn’t believe how fast this thing got from where it come from to my house. Thought they may have put it on a Concorde Aircraft (they no longer used) and brought. Lol. Unbelievable.

I had contacted sponsor here actually few weeks ago inquiring. They had no idea of when units would start appearing in larger numbers, oneszies and twozies was what they said.

I lucked out really.

Btw,
Had this happen once previously where a manufacturer reached my out to me to actually be a tester of a prerelease model detector. And I still to this day don’t know how or why they contacted me. I have my suspicions. I figure someone recommended me to them. But just speculation. This model unit still in testing phase and not released to public. This particular unit, actually 2, the second being little different than the first. I didn’t pay for these.
And if I get to eventually show and talk about this unit. I will state up front how I came to bear with the unit. I may not get to show or talk about though. I don’t know. As this is first prerelease model I have ever tested. So strange territory for me. We’ll see.

Cheers.
Cool. I was just hoping to hear that dealers were finally getting some stock to ship out. I pre-ordered mine pretty early but from what I understand the first shipment will be very limited quantities, so we'll see if I get lucky and get one.

As for testing units, I can see why a manufacturer would want you to test for them. You do a great job and post a lot of info. I was supposed to be a tester for the Legend but I see other YouTubers already got theirs and I never got one. I guess they forgot about me. lol Oh well. I'll probably pick up one anyway a little later just to compare to the rest.

PS
If the wife knew I bought new detector and spent what I did. She would be MADD.
So mums the word.

Same here! Shhhhh! :lol:

I'm surprised they sent out so many free units to stir up demand when the demand far exceeds what will be even supplied the next 6 months already. Will create a lot of frustration on the wait for sure.

I hope your comments not referring or aimed at me.

I paid 6 digits in US dollars and cents for my unit.
That is six digits - including dollars and cents including one decimal point.
And I have invoice to prove it.
And in a little while will have credit card statement reflecting too...via mail. I could go online and get. But I try to limit accessing my credit card accounts due to hackers.

Cheers

Alright bought this (Hard Case) from sponsor here big boys hobbies just recently.
https://bigboyshobbies.net/xp-deus-hard-case

To try and take care of my Deus 2 along with accessories vs how I took care of my Deus 1 units.

Will be giving review and showing this case via video soon. Others may be interesting in getting. Video link will be posting in this thread.

Attachments

• 43B9BBB9-E66F-425D-A777-4EDE79EA06F5.jpg
    43B9BBB9-E66F-425D-A777-4EDE79EA06F5.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,784
  • BC1CF600-DD61-4EAA-80D7-5CD8A618BAD3.jpg
    BC1CF600-DD61-4EAA-80D7-5CD8A618BAD3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,796
Last edited:
Fancy! Did it come with a handcuff to secure it to your wrist? Such measures might be necessary if they stay in short supply.

In post #1 above.
Deus coin ID video.
If you’ll notice when I changed programs and trying to sweep coin, a delay in Deus 2 reporting tonally. This delay likely caused by auto frequency scan selected.
See page of the 30 Deus 2 manual.
I’ll revisit this soon with another video and demonstrate.

Deus 2 User’s manual link posted in post #1 of this thread.

Page 37 of User Manual.
Refers to coil battery charge state — deep standby seriously discharged battery : one flash of led every 30 seconds.

In normal standby this led flashes every 4 seconds.

I think this is a change versus Deus 1 coils.

Deus 2 remote is shipped with protective plastic on screen. New owners may consider buy protective sheeting used for cell phone or tablet screen and installing to prevent screen damage.

Awesome TNSharpshooter! If that person that reached out to you wants to send another I've got the cash burning a hole in my pocket. I want to go run the D2 on the Rye Patch placer gold site in NV. See how it does compared to the Equinox and a gold monster.

Back
Top Bottom