Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 08-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Supporter

Legend owners may find this video helpful
Hunting in modern trash sites.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPbMh3BhtE

Some more videos coming tomorrow.
To show how user of Legend can spot mixed conductivity targets/masking taking place before they dig a target (odds wise).
Using beach wet and likely park multi 1.

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 08-09-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:15 AM
Supporter

Video using Legend comparing use of beach wet program to park m1 and m3 on targets masked and also situations where’s higher and lower conductors are colocated. Watching ID presented in meter.

Enjoy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J49pJAr3HUY

Old 08-10-2022, 09:49 AM

TSS,

I've been watching your videos, and it seems that you are indeed showing unbiased tests with the Legend. So, thank you for that.

A have 2 questions / comments for you:

1) I couldn't always see the screen in your foil / silver coin test, but anyway, I can't seem to replicate what I think you're seeing. More specifically, when I do the test and sweep over the targets, I get an average of around 27-29 and can then isolate either target to get the proper ID's. I know of 2 others on the Legend's Facebook page who also did the test and received the same results that I did. This leads me to believe that somehow our methodology is slightly different, or perhaps due to processor shortages and obtaining clone processors, there will be slight differences in performance between units?

2) I've previously posted that I was finding the 6" coil has extreme depth. More specifically, I posted that it was getting about the same depth as the 11" coil. That seems to go against all we know about coil size in relation to depth, and that's probably why some people thought I was nuts. lol

Anyway, this morning, I searched on You Tube for a depth comparison, and the only one I found was from Calabash, which he coincidently just posted. His video seems to confirm that the 6" gets about the same depth as the 11" on coin sized objects. I have a couple of questions for him. What forum does he belong to so that I can comment on his videos?

Old 08-10-2022, 09:52 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Digalicious View post
TSS,

I've been watching your videos, and it seems that you are indeed showing unbiased tests with the Legend. So, thank you for that.

A have 2 questions / comments for you:

1) I couldn't always see the screen in your foil / silver coin test, but anyway, I can't seem to replicate what I think you're seeing. More specifically, when I do the test and sweep over the targets, I get an average of around 27-29 and can then isolate either target to get the proper ID's. I know of 2 others on the Legend's Facebook page who also did the test and received the same results that I did. This leads me to believe that somehow our methodology is slightly different, or perhaps due to processor shortages and obtaining clone processors, there will be slight differences in performance between units?

2) I've previously posted that I was finding the 6" coil has extreme depth. More specifically, I posted that it was getting about the same depth as the 11" coil. That seems to go against all we know about coil size in relation to depth, and that's probably why some people thought I was nuts. lol

Anyway, this morning, I searched on You Tube for a depth comparison, and the only one I found was from Calabash, which he coincidently just posted. His video seems to confirm that the 6" gets about the same depth as the 11" on coin sized objects. I have a couple of questions for him. What forum does he belong to so that I can comment on his videos?
Well.
Night and day difference using beach wet vs park m1 and m3. When lower conductor is masking somewhat. Higher conductors and yes even lower conductor like a nickel.

I have done. Zero test on Legend for depth. Other than some coil height above some targets elevated above the ground.
Calabash is on Tnet.

Btw more video coming later today.
Using 6” coil on Legend.
And may show some head to heads with Nox with 6” coil. May look at park 1 and beach 1 on Nox when comparing.

Will be a while. Have to take mudder in law to the doc.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:54 AM

Ok. Thanks for that.

The beach wet was really an eye opener!