Best finds ever

Gms318

Good morning yall! I have been doing this hobby for a lot of yrs. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked "what is my best finds"? I have to say my trinkets of found things are nothing! The FRINDSHIPS that I have made thru the years are WAY more of value than any trinket! Enjoy this hobby, make some frinds you will have a blast. Thanks all-Gms318

This is true of many things in life. We just think it’s the stuff that matters, it doesn’t.

Good morning yall! I have been doing this hobby for a lot of yrs. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked "what is my best finds"? I have to say my trinkets of found things are nothing! The FRINDSHIPS that I have made thru the years are WAY more of value than any trinket! Enjoy this hobby, make some frinds you will have a blast. Thanks all-Gms318

Good post. It's always funner when there's someone there to pace yourself with. Eg.: Compete, exchange high 5s, rib the other guy when you spank him with a better find, etc...

An example is snow-skiing : If you go all alone, and don't know anyone else on the slopes, you'll have a lousy day of skiing. But if you go with friends, you're bound to have much more fun. Eg.: If you finally accomplish a back-flip, you durned-well-hope your buddies were there to see it. Bragging rights are half the fun. That's why md'ing forum show & tells are what we like to see/read/do.

You can always put a price on a coin or a button, but you can never put a price on human relations.

I can definitely relate to your post. Personally, I've never been one to make great recoveries (those who've followed my posts can attest to that!), but it's okay with me. One of the main reasons why I still enjoy detecting is the camaraderie. I share each hunt with my favorite detecting buddies - my family members, some of whom are members here (Wolf-Dog, Torpedo, and Lost&Recovered). Also, this forum has given me an opportunity to form new friendships with fellow detectorists. I really appreciate the friends I've made here. Like you've said, these are "finds" which really matter!

... On that note, :fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us!

I understand what you're saying, but I live in a town of 27,000 people. A buddy and I have been the hunters I've seen in nearly 50 years of swinging. I have been hunting with the same friend for over 35 years.

Back
Top Bottom